OFFICIAL Make Your Own Arcade Classic With Our New Tutorials

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.

We have just released an all-new GameMaker Studio 2 tutorial guiding budding video game creators through the process of creating their very own fully functional version of the definitive asteroid space blaster. Aspiring game designers can make “Space Rocks” in the GMS2 IDE free trial without coding, by using their drag and drop technology, or by coding with GameMaker Language, to get the inside scoop on those all important first steps of video game creation.

Designed and presented by Friendly Cosmonaut, the Space Rocks video tutorials start out with an introduction to GMS2 before outlining how to program movement, attacking & collisions, scoring, lives, sound and effects before adding that final polish. These tutorials also detail how to make the game in Drag and Drop as well as using GML code.

https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/485/make-your-own-arcade-classic-with-our-new-tutorials

JeffJ

This is a really cool initiative! I'm sure it will be an excellent help to anyone starting out. I especially appreciate how it teaches D&D alongside GML, and that it's doable in the free trial. Makes it even more open for everyone of any skill level.

Toque

Pretty good tutorials. She is very polished. GM could use more of these to help new users. Official tutorials.

I

immortalx

I believe I've watched every single one of her videos. What sets hers apart, is that contrary to most modern tutorial videos (of any kind really, not just games programming), you don't have to skip 15 minutes to get to the actual content!
It's straight to the point, with just enough talking and no "uhhm"s and "hahaha"s. Of course this being a tutorial series, the first video will always be a bit more explanatory but in general, you get as much content as is the video length.
This collaboration is very good news.