GameMaker Make A Time Management Game Like Miss Management

S

ScreenSlaver

Hello everyone,

I'm new to GMS2 or any video game making. I want to surprise my girlfriend by making my own sequel to the game Miss Management. Miss Management is a mouse-only management game where you click on the manager to distribute works to employees, and there are tasks and goals to reach each level. I have been looking around the forum and on the internet, but most tutorials are platform games, shooter games, or RPG games. Thank you in advance, and any help is appreciated! My girlfriend is going to be gone for a month in a few days, so I hope to finish this game by the time she comes back.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You can't find tutorials for everything you know! I really think the best thing you can do is just start and then ask questions as you go along... If that seems like a daunting task or you're not sure where to start, then here's a tip: Break the game down into "chunks" and then break those down into smaller "pieces". Work on the pieces to make the chunks, and then work on fitting the chunks together. For example, your game will need a main menu (this would be a chunk), and the main menu will need some kind of input buttons (these would be the pieces), so work out how to make a simple button first if you want to make a main menu! Breaking down the game into discrete tasks in this way makes things easier and permits you to focus on smaller things without being overwhelmed by the whole.

The-any-Key

I'm new to GMS2 or any video game making
Making games is not that simple and glamours people think it is. Hard work is in front of you.
Try learn from any tutorial you can find. And when you get some flesh on your bones you will start to get experience. This will make you understand what you need to learn to make the game you want.

Miradur

Hi, just so you know what's being talked about:

So if you are not a wonder child in programming, then I would advise you to look for another gift for your girlfriend :)
Or you simplify the whole thing, in the manner of:

Put the employees at the counter, which then displays their tables and instead of drinks, you send them files and folders.
Whenever a call sign appears above an employee, he needs files to continue his work.
If you want to make it harder, then make different symbols and assign each one to a certain key.
One for coffee, one for Sandvich, one for cola and so on. You can then increase the number of symbols and combinations
with increasing level.

I hope I have explained it reasonably well, because I don't really speak English.

Miradur

S

ScreenSlaver

Thank you so much, everyone. I am definitely going to break the entire game down to small tasks. I figure I have a month to work on this before she comes back. Yeah, I will definitely simplify the game and maybe just make a few levels.