GML Make a Spelunky Level Generator in Gamemaker!

G

gloomytoad

Make A Spelunky Level Generator

GM Version: Studio 2
Target Platform: Windows
Download: NA
Links:NA

Summary:
Hey guys,

I have just released a series of 5 videos showing you how to build a spelunky like level generator in GM. I am adding more on to these videos in the next few days just showing a few more things that you can do with it! The series is a bit lengthy by I try to explain things as well as possible along the way! Hope these can help you! Please like and subscribe so you can be notified of future additions!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

S

Snayff

Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together. I look forward to working through it all!

U

Ultrabeast

My question is would I be able to implement this via game maker 1.4 as well?

B

Bejaro

The YouTube channel has been deleted and the Twitter account hasn't been touched in over a year...

Did anyone manage to grab these? I'd like to give something like this a go.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
The Game Maker version of Spelunky was released as open source if I recall correctly, so if you check out Derek Yu / Mossmouth's site you should be able to get the real version of the generator to play around with.

Also, this video by interesting-thing-maker Mark "GMTK" Brown goes through how the generator works, it's not as in-depth as a 5-video tutorial but should give you the gist of things: