Demo Maiveos

• Thread starter Deleted member 16767
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16767

Important announcement: Dear all, I have an important and sad announcement about the game development for Maiveos - The Mask of Acknowledge. The project has been on going with no issue or delay in the release of the Pre-Alpha builds. I am sad to say that I have decided to abandon all development of this project from today onward due to reasons that I cannot reveal to the public. I have discuss this with my team member and he willingly agree with my decision. As the project lead, I have given up all the development to altan since he has voluntarily agree to complete the game up to Alpha stage. The Alpha demo will be released as a free game for everyone to download and enjoy our 1+ month of hardwork. This thread will not be updated from now on so for any future announcement or updates please visit the itch.io site ( https://altan0.itch.io/maiveos ) where altan will manage the announcement and upload the remaining development of the game.
The game features...
  • Platform mechanics
  • Smooth combat with spear javelin combat
  • Destructible objects
  • Pickable weapons
  • Healing
  • Cinematics
  • A story designed on 50+ pages
  • Unique monsters with unique skills
  • Boss fights
  • And much more...!
VIDEO

Promotion_Banner_3.png
The Story
Maiveos: The Mask of Acknowledgement is about a lizardman hero of the city of Togus on the Trestaras Islands. The day that he is going to be given his mask of acknowledgement is the day that the terror starts on the Healing Platforms. Not knowing who the culprit is, Player is searching for clues but is suspicious about Lozregs, the mischevious Psoros (dinosaur trade wagon) owner. Lozregs meets the Baker´s son near Magesa´s Temple after the confrontation near Player´s house where he was mishandling his trade wagon brutally, causing an accident to Player´s neighbour´s house.

Lozregs gets out of Player´s way when Vizhneks interrupts the scene and calls for his combatants to seize the Player. The player´s motive is known and the agenda of the culprits is spread to the player. A new dynasty is sought by the rebels from the slums of Togus.

The player runs after Lozregs into the temple only to meet the rebels and their caught dinosaurs. What happens next, will be revealed later.

Promotion_Banner_3.png
Fixed after Ver 0.087
Protoceratops running animation
Level design on exterior and interior temple
Smoother combat
Music

[Next patch ver 0.200-0.400] Stage 2

MAIVEOS Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaiveosGame

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whitelemon

Hi, Mikix! I think this game is an interesting concept. I love the lizard people!

I understand the game is in development, but one suggestion I have is you may want to change the way spawns work. At the moment, it's very easy to camp in the far right and nail the enemies as they come in.

D

Deleted member 16767

Hi, Mikix! I think this game is an interesting concept. I love the lizard people!

I understand the game is in development, but one suggestion I have is you may want to change the way spawns work. At the moment, it's very easy to camp in the far right and nail the enemies as they come in.
Thanks for your feedback. What do you think about the combat. Should there be a slight delay for the enemy to get hit by the spear?

W

whitelemon

I think that would be a good decision, it would make the animations match the feedback.

As it is right now, as soon as you click, the PC pulls the spear back to stab but the enemy dies right away. If the spear animation matches the time the enemy gets hit, it would make the combat feel more polished c:

That was a good catch!

D

Deleted member 16767

Thank you!

S

svrij22

You should seriously change the background color, the game would just instantly look so much better with a background with depth and not just blue

D

Deleted member 16767

New version uploaded.

• Two new enemies
  • A boss
  • Backgrounds

You need to jump when the boss smashes it's tail. So far, we haven't gotten the boss below 5% health.

Edit: I beat the game with 121 score after a few tries.

D

Deleted member 16767

Hello. We are still working on the game. The game is looking better than ever. It is currently in it's internal review stage. Much content has been added in 2 weeks. Right now we are trying to make the first boss encounter look nice. After we are done with the first stage, we will be looking for funds for the game.

MagesaTemple.png

A

altan0

Hey there, to those of you who have been watching this thread I would like to thank all of you for keeping track of this topic. To those of you who are new, welcome and please try out our Pre-Alpha build Demo. We appreciate any feedback regarding the current build.

I am the programmer for Maiveos - The Mask of Acknowledgement and I am excited to announce that the game is being developed rapidly into the Alpha stage. Mikix, the brain child and artist for Maiveos has been communicating with me and sending tons of art work since the start of developement (around 27 August 2017). We are a two man team with zero budget and have been working really hard on pushing out an Alpha version which comes with many new and exciting features not found in our current Pre-Alpha build Demo (build050917) available in the first post. In the past 2 weeks, I have been writing so much code that caused my absence in this forum.

As the developer of this game, I have been so passionate about developing this game to the point that I felt the game play needs to be up to a very high standard before I could release the next Pre-Alpha build. This is why I have been using my time writing out new features that will makes this game worth playing for. Below are the major announcement for the next up coming build:
  • Currently the latest game features a dialog and story telling system that will convey the adventure of our young lizard folk (the Lizards of Zhek) protagonist and the wonderful lore of Maiveos (Note: we don't have a name for the protagonist and thought of letting players name him for us).
  • We have also just added ambience and lighting effects (see spoiler below) that will make any indoor exploration even interesting (Note: I may develop this further into a day and night cycle system if there are enough requests for it).
    A few screen shots of the Magesa Temple level
    0021.jpg
    0036.jpg
    0071.jpg
  • As a 2D side scrolling platformer, it wouldn't be complete without platforms you can move pass through and stand on them. This feature adds an additional depth to vertical travel and also allowing us to add platform jump challenges.
  • We have also fine tuned the attack animation for the protagonist so executing attacks is fast and responsive.
  • There are tons of code optimizations happening behind the scenes. Although its not obvious and is no concern to the player but it does help us a lot in saving dev time for future features.
  • Last but not least, both levels (Healing Platforms and Magesa Temple) have been expanded and designed to give new challenges for both new players and those who have played the Pre-Alpha build.
There are a lot of minor changes and additions made to the next build but we will not reveal it for now. We will these minor changes for the players to discover. ;)

The next build with all these updates will be released once the story script is complete (We are left with the last level and the boss fight scripts!).

Thank you for reading my lengthy announcement and don't forget to watch this thread for new announcements. Also do post replies here if you want to know more about the game.

A

altan0

Hi everyone, mikix has just updated the link to the latest Pre-Alpha build for Maiveos - The Mask of Acknowledgement in the first post. Please check it out and do leave a feedback or comment here in the forum for any game play issues.

Just a heads up, we are still looking for a music composer for the game so there are no music in the game yet (except for the title screen which is a placeholder). Also, the second level (Magesa Temple) isn't ready yet but we will treat you to a preview of the level at the end of the game.

Hope you enjoy the drastic changes in the first level (Healing Platform), and the cut scene.

A

altan0

Just finish adding Fire SFX into the game.

One of the best things about adding lighting to the game is that you can create wonderful ambiance within the game environment.
Feels good standing beside a camp fire. Anyone up for Smores? I could add it in the game if there are votes for that.

D

Deleted member 16767

Certainly interesting altan. I am foreseeing a day and night system with this. :)
human_pirate_1_walk_8.gif
And here is a preview of an upcoming enemy. I can not reveal details yet on it's AI mechanics, but it will be a harder opponent than the previous enemies.

One thing I noticed altan, was that after the fight in the beginning the battles got easier. I could just move forward and hit the lizards without getting hit.

D

Deleted member 16767

Behind The Scenes on Twitter Round Up 1
23:17 - 19 sep. 2017 We are working on the map but we are not ready to show it yet. The map is in it's very early stage.
15:48 - 20 sep. 2017
W
elcome the Crab! The new little (actually it's quite big) intimidating enemy! It has moved in to the Magesa Temple.
21:37 - 20 sep. 2017 Quest UI and Health UI done. The map is pushed forward.
00:26 - 21 sep. 2017 Did you know: Maiveos was born in early August. The design document took one month and a few more days to make to be presentable.

D

Deleted member 16767

Behind The Scenes on Twitter Round Up 2
15:19 - 21 sep. 2017 We have listened to four music sketches for the game. It's sounding gooood.
16:33 - 21 sep. 2017 Altan is done with the improved Enemy AI but some enemies still need work.
17:17 - 21 sep. 2017 I've worked on more candle stands this hour. The more decors, the better.
19:14 - 21 sep. 2017 One new decor added for Healing Platforms.
20:28 - 21 sep. 2017 It is a lot more fun now to play the game. The AI is more intelligent and it's a fair balance between the player and the AI.

D

Deleted member 16767

The time after the post above I worked on the ghost revenant captain (which will be added after the indiegogo campaign ends). Skies and background panorama objects was another thing I worked on. The skies are megalogantic! Takes up 14mbs each.

D

Deleted member 16767

You should seriously change the background color, the game would just instantly look so much better with a background with depth and not just blue
Yesterday we had a meeting and we mainly talked about what svrij22 had criticized. Backgrounds and parallax. We now have different layers of backgrounds. Concerning foreground, some silhouette has been drawn and it is on the to-do list to add this feature too.

After my research, I have gathered information from various games, modern and old, how to make backgrounds realistic and appealing. And of course asking a question to the tech savvy programmer. I hope you are in for a treat.

To the pet collectors out there... Stagosaurus which was written on paper one month ago has come to life. In different color variations and one armored Stagosaurus (will add more color variations to armorored Stagosaurus in the future).

Status
Not open for further replies.