• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

main menu programming

R

RealsLife

Hello I've made a simple main menu like the most common kind of menu. The same one you see in games
like terraria, spelunky, ect...

Everything works well however I've only one problem the sensitivity is high when I push a button like a normal person would it goes down 2rows instead of 1. I really need to touch the gamepad lightly so I can go down 1row instead of 2. How can I make the keyboard buttons/gamepad slower?

M

McWolke

you want to be able to hold the key and "scroll" through the menu?
you can add an alarm everytime you pressed a button and only move the cursor if the alarm is 0.

R

RealsLife

you want to be able to hold the key and "scroll" through the menu?
you can add an alarm everytime you pressed a button and only move the cursor if the alarm is 0.
Owwww yeaa alarms are a thing... I always forget about them

R

RealsLife

I think I will put a limit on the buttons like a one time push and you need to release the button if you want to continue. If you push the button for an x amount of time(the timer) it will scroll automaticly and I will put another timer of 1sec so it goes slower between the options. //This is just my definitive solution for people who struggle with the same problem :)!