• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Magical Castle +

K

Kunedon

Download

An action packed arcade style game that'll test your skills from one room to the next!

Solita needs your help! She has accidentally unleashed a mass of monsters into her home, the Magical Castle, and they're draining it of its magic power! Without its magic, the castle will collapse!

Dash from one room to the next, blasting whatever's in your way with Solita's three magic spells. Some monsters can only be defeated through specific means, and it will do you well to learn them. But be quick! They're ready to make Solita meet her maker as soon as they can.​

For extra assistance, make use of the Popu generators and gems scattered in the rooms, as they will be essential to your success. They react differently to Solita's spells, and will prove to be a boon to your quest. If you can master these features, nothing can stop you!

With quick reflexes, sharp thinking, and a swift kick, you'll win the game and peace will return to Solita's home once again.
  • BLAST your way through 30 treacherous levels.
  • DODGE the monsters and learn their tricky behaviors.
  • WATCH for dangerous traps and useful items.
  • SAVE your progress with a password feature.

SCREENSHOTS

Download

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is actually quite good. I say "actually" because I'll admit the graphics seems a bit amateurish at first. But playing the game, I see that the graphics are reasonably well done. Smooth animations, consistent style (mostly), and some interesting effects.

That said, I still feel the graphics could be improved. Everything seems rather flat. So perhaps a few shadows, some beveling, and some background highlights would add a sense of depth. It's not a serious flaw. But since the gameplay is fairly good, you don't want mediocre graphics to detract from that.

The game starts with a custom splash screen that disappears a bit too quickly IMO, because it's nice artwork. Then it continues with a series of introductory scenes that set up the story, and define the player's objective: clean the castle of monsters that were accidentally released from the "box of stuff". It's short and on-point, and players can skip it if they want. Perfect.

The intro playing screen has some useful options that can be toggled -- like window / fullscreen, help on / off, continue / end, etc. Everything seems to work properly.

The actual gameplay begins fairly slowly, with just one type of monster to be removed. (And showing players what each level will contain is a nice touch.) I got through the first few levels fairly easily -- which is surprising for me, since my platformer skill are terrible. But the level design doesn't require extreme reflexes (at first), so beginners can ease into it.

One problem I did have, however, was the controls. I like the arrow keys for left right. But X to jump, alongside C to shoot causes confusion. Especially when quick move are required. I would prefer to see the UP arrow for jumping, and (say) Z or space for shooting. Less chance of mixing up the jump and shoot keys.

I haven't played many levels yet, so I'll go back and try more. And I'll try the save system too. But so far I'm liking the gameplay here. So I would recommend this. With some additional work on graphics, and maybe some other control options, this could be even better.

K

Kunedon

Thank you for your feedback!

The controls are a commonly brought up issue, and I will see about getting that rectified in an update sometime. However, this game has now become a low priority as I have another project that expands on and refines things laid out in this one.