• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Mage World (jump and run for free)

JacPete

Super Mage World got a new update and a new trailer. i added a new jump animation and adjusted the movement speed of the player, also i did a better jump physic into the update. i hope you all like it, heres the new trailer:

Last edited:

JacPete

i changed the view in Super Mage World, now youre closer to the action and get an better gaming expierience. i hope you like it, enjoy watching the new gameplay trailer.

JacPete

some new screenshots of the updated version of the game, maybe you want to check em out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JacPete

Super Mage World soon gets an bigger update, introducing an weapon unlock system like in mega man and the first world of episode 2. Here is a small WIP preview from episode 2:

J

JRLS

I like the effort that was put into it, but i must say i didnt like it :(
I find the gravity set for the player too low, so when you're jumping it's more like floating in the air, which i found kinda annoying for gameplay.
Also, the game lags a bit (using samsung galaxy note 8010, so not a particularly slow device). Not really a fluid experience.

The game also contains annoying ads which cannot be skipped, and are also full screen.
Game wont start without internet connection, probably due to the advertising add on.
So, after i start the game (with internet connection), i turn off internet if game starts.
Now the game will play without ads, which defeats the purpose of ads.

Graphics are good, and also the graphical effects are well done though

J

JRLS

I didnt say that it lags as hell, i said it lags a bit.
Also, i played it with ads on as well (connected to internet), and the amount of lagging was the same on my device. (maybe it's just a problem with my device)

If you force full screen unskippable ads, people will turn of internet eventually, so they wont see any ad at all. Maybe, that's not what you want.
Maybe, it's a better idea to use less intrusive ads, e.g.at the bottom.

JacPete

checked your device, its a bit old. the game runs from s4 mini to all above pretty fine. could be that the framerate is low on your device, do you got sound stuttering? maybe i overwork the ads but i hate when an ad appears inside the gameplay.

JacPete

btw: cause i read the false information here. every ad in super mage world can be skipped, after 5 seconds, so im not sure which game you played @JRLS

M

Mann_mit_Hut

Good game you got there. The coin pickup sound is a little to deep and punchy. I think a higher metal bling is what the user expects :)
May I ask what you are doing when you unlock a specific phone?

JacPete

changed the adnetwork extension to heyzap and i hope the android game start bug on some samsung devices is gone now.

J

JRLS

btw: cause i read the false information here. every ad in super mage world can be skipped, after 5 seconds, so im not sure which game you played @JRLS
Skipping after 5 seconds means, i still have to see the ad for at least 5 seconds.
In my opinion, skippable is that you can really skip right away, and not after a amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

JacPete

the most of the ads are now directly skipable, i think you would like the new version @JRLS. i trashed adcolony for now and the jump is tighter, soon i ad some more specials.

G

Guy_Typing

Good work on the game :) I downloaded it for android and it works on my htc one m8!

JacPete

thx for playing :) i hope i fnish a new update today. i made a new tutorial that is much nicer to play and i want to build in a new spell system.

JacPete

You can now get new spells from defeated bosses. Hit the pause button ingame to open the spellbook to choose a spell.
Here is the new trailer:

JacPete

i boostet the game speed of super mage world a bit and adjustet the jumping physic aswell, i think its way better now. maybe someone want to check out and comment the changes? take a look at the new trailer:

Thx for reading.