• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX MacOS GMS2 shows only grey screen when running/previewing the game

S

Snebbu

Hi guys,

So today I updated GMS2 to the most recent version on MacOS, however I noticed that now whenever I try to run the game I get nothing but a grey screen (I attached a screenshot in this post).
I then went to some of my other earlier GMS2 projects that I know used to run properly, but none of them manage to run now and only show this grey screen.

I tried looking into the MacOS specific settings or within the viewport settings, but for the life of me I can't figure out what is going wrong. Restarting GMS2 also doesn't seem to do anything.

Anybody knows what's going on here, or how to fix it? I would really appreciate any help because like this it's become pretty much impossible to work within GameMaker.

Regards,
Snebbu

Attachments

S

Snebbu

Alright, I finally managed to figure out what was wrong, seems to be a very weird bug. Just in case other people run into the same issue:

This happens whenever you try running your game whilst using Apple's SideCar feature (AKA, using an iPad as a second or third screen).

Once I turned off my iPad as an extra screen the game runs fine again.