• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX macOS First Run - osascript Admin Credentials

khines

I am in the tech department for a school that uses GameMaker 2 and we sue the app on Macs. We have the software available to students in our storefront that they can choose to download the app if they use it for a class. I went and downloaded the latest installer yesterday and ran into an issue during testing.

The installation goes fine, no problem. The problem arises when the user runs the app for the first time and logs in. During the Installing runtime process a pop-up appears saying the osascript would like to make some changes and asks for an admin password. Our users are not admins on these devices and so they would be unable to authorize osascript to change anything.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the app was trying to do at this point and and it there was some way around it. I did try canceling the prompt and everything seemed fine but I don't use GameMaker so there was no way for me to do a real test.

Here is an image of the message and what I was seeing.

Screen Shot.jpg

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We are installing the Mono runtime which is needed for building and running the game

Russell

khines

You couldn't have done that with the installer pkg for GameMaker?

If I install the mono runtime before running the software will you skip this step? I did see a article on your site with a download for the Mono runtime.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
if you install the mono runtime first then it will skip this step.

We could not just add it to the installer pkg as then everyone downloads Mono every time (and it is 3xbigger than our download), it is only downloaded for those that need it.

Russell

BenRK

@rwkay
I had an issue with the Mono runtime not installing even through the GMS2 installer on a completely fresh install. Had to install it manually, so maybe there is a bug with the installer?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
@rwkay
I had an issue with the Mono runtime not installing even through the GMS2 installer on a completely fresh install. Had to install it manually, so maybe there is a bug with the installer?
We did have a bug for a few stable versions but that should be fixed now in 2.3.7

Russell