• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX macOS Export

J

jcop

I have my mac setup to compile ios and that is working fine. However, if I try and compile run macOS with VM or YYC the game starts and the window opens but never displays anything, then it crashes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

J

jcop

Xcode 8.2.1 - OS X 10.11.6

Yeah, I followed all that. The whole compile process works fine and shows "SUCCESS : Run Program Complete"

I can see the .app file on the Mac in Finder. But when it launches it shows the game window with the title bar but never starts rendering and then crashes after several seconds.

J

jcop

I ran the project directly from Xcode and it is in GetOpenGLInfo. Turns out I have some OpenGL issues on my Mac that I need to get fixed with a reinstall. So, not GMS fault.

J

jcop

Got it to work by disabling hardware acceleration in OpenGL just for my app. For others that may face this:
  1. Use GMS2 to run your app.
  2. In Xcode open the Xcode menu, then Open Developer Tool, then More Developer Tools...
  3. In the web page that opens search for "graphics tools" and download the most recent version of this that Apple offers for download.
  4. In the download run OpenGL Profiler.
  5. In OpenGL Profiler setup your app:
    1. Select "Launch Application"
    2. Click + and find your .app file
    3. Place a checkmark next to "Use custom pixel format" then click the Edit button
    4. In the new Window click Attributes to show the list of attributes that are possible
    5. Add 'kCGLPFAAccelerated' and 'kCGLPFANoRecovery' and leave the values at zero.
    6. Close the Customer Pixel Format window
    7. Click the Launch button
This got it to work using Software Rendering in OpenGL for me.