• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Mac version cursor freeze

M

MuddyMuddy

Hi, I know this has been brought up before, but I'm still getting annoying cursor freeze (carries on as another cursor, then disappears) in the Mac IDE. Any update on this issue?

I'm having no issues, but I'm still on MacOS Sierra, and I remember reading some other forum post that it is only happening on High Sierra.

Log a bug for it I suggest. (They may already have a bug logged for it, not sure)

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This appears to be a bug on some installations of High Sierra - we saw it on one machine here (but a reinstall of High Sierra fixed the issue), this only appears to be an issue on upgrades from Sierra -> High Sierra (and a small number as we have upgraded several machines here, something around 10 machines)>

We backed up the machine to Time Machine did a full reinstall from scratch and then restored the files from the backup and that worked fine.

Russell

M

mtlfts

I upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra and have since done several full, clean reinstalls and have had the issue every single time.

H

herrmartell

I upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra and have since done several full, clean reinstalls and have had the issue every single time.
Can also confirm that I've tried making a clean install of High Sierra, and the issue is still there.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Out of interest what kind of Mac is it you are using...

What model?
What CPU?
What Video card?

Info should be in the About This Mac available on the Apple menu at the top left corner of the menu bar

Russell

G

GameHex

My Mac Mini that has this problem is a Mid 2011 2.5GHz Intel i5 2520M with a Radeon 6630m and 4GB RAM. I upgraded straight from El Capitan to High Sierra. The freezing happens on the main menu buttons and in other areas like between the project tree and the main window.

M

mtlfts

I've tried it on two different Macs.

The first one being a Late 2012 Mac Mini, 2.5GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM and Intel HD 4000 Graphics.

The second one being an Early 2015 11" MacBook Air, 1.6GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM and Intel HD 6000 Graphics.

H

herrmartell

I'm on an Early 2015, MacBook Air 13", 1.6GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, and Intel HD 6000 graphics.

G

GameHex

I've fixed this problem for myself by going to Settings -> Accessibility -> Display -> Cursor size and bumping the size up a tiny amount. For some reason, the default cursor size won't change to a pointer hand in GMS2 on anything that could be a link.

H

herrmartell

I've fixed this problem for myself by going to Settings -> Accessibility -> Display -> Cursor size and bumping the size up a tiny amount. For some reason, the default cursor size won't change to a pointer hand in GMS2 on anything that could be a link.
I'm willing to try this, I'll reinstall GMS2 and come back to confirm it works.

EDIT: It works! Thank you very much! <3

Last edited by a moderator: