• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Mac OSX Sierra not working

D

Dennis Lenz

Hi,

one of my customers just send me this:

He is using Sierra on Mac.

Any thoughts / ideas? Does that mean Sierra is currently not supported?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Send your customer a blank-room project and ask if it can start up. If it can't, then it's an engine-level issue.

Also ask your customer when the error came up. Inspect the code that would run at that time for potential OS-specific faults.

D

Dennis Lenz

Send your customer a blank-room project and ask if it can start up. If it can't, then it's an engine-level issue.

Also ask your customer when the error came up. Inspect the code that would run at that time for potential OS-specific faults.
Excellent idea, thanks. Will do!

SnoutUp

Can confirm, after jumping through the multiple hoops of new codesigning restrictions and launching the application it crashed with the same invalid argument error. Old Steam version (which was built with older GM, can't remember which) still works fine.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug with the offending project and we will take a look - we have tested internally and not found any issues with macOS Sierra but we may not be using the offending API on those tests.

Russell

M.S.T.O.P.

I think I'm having the same problem with a client's game. He's getting a similar error message. Filed a bug report.