• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Mac OS IDE 2.2.3 failed to build

chirpy

I ran into a weird issue just now; Igor seemed to have crashed showing the following log:
Code:
DoSplash
DoIcon
AndroidEnvironment
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at . . (System.String ) [0x0007f] in <1d4dfb2c45064a10a0e66adc073936aa>:0
  at Igor.AndroidUtils. (System.String ) [0x00c70] in <1d4dfb2c45064a10a0e66adc073936aa>:0
  at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Deploy (System.Boolean _exe) [0x00258] in <1d4dfb2c45064a10a0e66adc073936aa>:0
  at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Run () [0x001e3] in <1d4dfb2c45064a10a0e66adc073936aa>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0006a] in <55adae4546cd485ba70e2948332ebe8c>:0
Igor complete.
It's running a nameless method .. ??
I updated my Mono, Android Studio, ndk settings, cleaning project cache, rebooting, but nothing changed the output.

In the end I tried an empty project and it runs.
I came back to my project, same log.
I clicked an unused permission option in my Android options: IT BUILDS AND RUNS!
I unchecked the unused permission option: IT STILL BUILDS AND RUNS!

What's wrong with the android options ... the only thing that I can think of is that the options or cache are corrupted, and alternating the permission made it reload and generated a new project cache for me.

Just wanted to share anyway; if I'm ever able to reproduce this I'll file a bug report.

circ

I clicked an unused permission option in my Android options: IT BUILDS AND RUNS!
I unchecked the unused permission option: IT STILL BUILDS AND RUNS!
Hi chirpy,

Can you tell me which "unused permission option" you clicked on?

I'm seeing the same issue after upgrading to the latest IDE and build (using Windows, though), and my android executable isn't getting created. (Windows executable does, though, so it looks specific to android.)

I tried changing some of the settings under Preferences > Platform Settings > Android, but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks.

Just FYI, this is the error I'm seeing:

Code:
AndroidEnvironment
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ..(String )
   at Igor.AndroidUtils.(String )
   at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:05.6152541s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.0.401/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Android Package started at 09/20/2020 02:47:22
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

D

dkcon3

FYI - I had the exact same issue you describe above and your fix corrected mine too.

D

dkcon3

Hi chirpy,

Can you tell me which "unused permission option" you clicked on?

I'm seeing the same issue after upgrading to the latest IDE and build (using Windows, though), and my android executable isn't getting created. (Windows executable does, though, so it looks specific to android.)

I tried changing some of the settings under Preferences > Platform Settings > Android, but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks.

Just FYI, this is the error I'm seeing:

Code:
AndroidEnvironment
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ..(String )
   at Igor.AndroidUtils.(String )
   at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()
Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:05.6152541s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.3.0.401/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Android Package started at 09/20/2020 02:47:22
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

Check the Permissions from Game Options -> Android - Permissions. Uncheck all the Permissions and rerun. If this works, then you should be able to reset the permissions you need.

chirpy

@circ Mine was the network state permission, but since it shouldn't matter, my theory was like dkcon3 suggested: any permission under game options > android would do.