• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac install bug!

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
When installing the mac version my applications folder gets populated with a lot of files. (Deleting them doesn't seem to impact on the GMS2 functionalities... but those are left overs from the installer.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
what files would they be... my psychic powers are failing me as I get older.

Russell

R

RobbSnow

Yeah there were about 10 left over files in the Applications folder after installation. Only name I remember was like YoyoInstaller.zip

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yeah there were about 10 left over files in the Applications folder after installation. Only name I remember was like YoyoInstaller.zip
I don't recall the names for sure that's why I didn't write them... I'm sorry @rwkay for that.. I'll reinstall the software right now... :)

EDIT:

YoYoStudioMac.zip
update-mac-I.rss
snippet.xml
script [folder]
mnt [folder]
MacInstaller [folder]
buildNumber

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
OK looks like someone has removed a default directory and they are just copying files into the current working directory (which is /Applications initially)

Russell