• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion (mac) Getting graphical issues while running test

jamyers

I recently purchased a Macbook pro and the latest version of GMS 2, so long story short I'm a newb with both the computer and the software. That being said, I seem to be having a weird graphical issue when I run my game. I've tried searching the forums but with me being so new I'm not sure how to describe it. Ive also started a handful of new projects to see if that corrects the issue, but I have the issue on all my new projects.

The issue I'm having is there seems to be a "bar" that runs all the way across the viewing port when I play test my game. It's like it stutters just in that area across the lower part of the screen. Currently all the game is so far, is a background, and a basic character sprite that I've added movement too. There is only basic code added, for example;

keyboard_check(ord("A") {
x = x-1
}
/// Same for WSD as well..

The background is a 32x32 tiled sprite and the character sprite is a 64x64, both drawn with the sprite creator. Without moving the character at all, everything looks fine but as soon I move my character, I get that screen jumpiness. The rest of the screen looks fine, besides for that bar that runs along the bottom that jumps back and forth.

My camera properties are set to follow the character at 320x180 and the view properties are set at 1280x720. Changing the view doesn't really seem to have an effect but if I match the view dimensions with the camera, the stuttering seems to go away. Until I enlarger it back to 1280x720....

Sorry, I know this is super long winded, but I wanted to be as descriptive as possible. Anyone else run into something similar or know why this is happening and will it be a problem in a completed game?