Alpha Azurami

SethJones

About
A spiritual journey of the realms beyond reach, where a soul will reveal the secret of the universe.

Shape your realm as a crafty Fox in a JRPG SIM crossover. Collect monsters, evolve your world, and challenge the mighty Wolf King.
  • See the world in the eyes of the universe, in an immersive world as a deity trying to become whole again.
  • Understand the nature of the masculine and feminine.
  • Play as a fox spirit called Luna that rivals the wolf spirit, Yuma.
  • End the game whenever you want by entering the Ancestral Tower.

Disclaimer
We will be updating this post with more information, but we just wanted to share the game we've made so far. The demo can be played by clicking on the icon above. Please provide feedback and thanks! :)

Website
https://azurami.com/

Kicktarter

Composer

Last edited:

SethJones

Thanks for the feedback. I have updated Discord link! We're looking for people to join the team and any fans of Chrono Trigger.

We have more information in our Discord under #development. We will post milestones and big updates here though. So stay tuned!

SethJones

Milestone 4 is live! We've made 100s of changes to this release. Take a look to see what has changed. We will keep track of changes once we hit milestone 5 on Steam. Milestone 4 is not going to be put on Steam due to lack of content and features.

pixeltroid

Screenshots look good.

The retro style pixel graphics are very nice.

BUT the vector looking health bar + character portrait feels weird IMO. Why can't it be done in a pixel art style?

Also, that unit is huuuuge. Does it really need it to take up 1/8th of the screen? o_O

SethJones

Screenshots look good.
BUT the vector looking health bar + character portrait feels weird IMO. Why can't it be done in a pixel art style?

Also, that unit is huuuuge. Does it really need it to take up 1/8th of the screen? o_O
We're moving to a pixel art GUI and removing that.

Update
Added more screenshots!

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

game is a buggy mess

-the intro snaps and blinds me
-when im a fox and collide with wolf i turn in a little girl and its unclear where to go or what to do, i jus accidentally moved to a new stage?
-collisions are buggy, cant go betwean chests, and she just stands while sliding along them...
-enemies dont do anything
-receips are empty
-when i engage 1 big slime i get attacked from the other side of the room and if i try to go there combat just stops and begins again

and i got stuck
when a red ball appears from nowhere and flies towards me. and if i go to title and then continue, the menu music doesnt stop and the camera is lerped betwean a big slime and me and no combat.
-sometimes red balls dont dissapear but follow me.

SethJones

We're moving to a pixel GUI next milestone. This milestone marks 6 as complete. We've already started to transition to pixel art for the HUD.

Milestone 6
- New pixel gauges
- New pixel encounter skull icon (not animated yet).
- Removed a lot of bad code and refactored.
- Summons work again and combat is less buggy.
- Added Rat leader pack. Rat leader moves and patrols a small area.
- Rats jump better.
- Scrolls are now required when crafting a summon. In the future, you will have to unlock recipes by crafting scrolls.
- 4 working recipes: health potion, mana potion, slime summon, and rat summon.
- Slimes now damage you if they use their dash and collide with you.
- New cursors. We have them for combat and skills which are coming next milestone!
- Removed items being dropped on the ground. Everything is now auto-loot!
- Slime leader and Rat leader now drop slime/fur, instead of a summon. You have to craft them now!
- Fixed many bugs. Please try the game in 4k for us to see if we fixed that bug with the GUI scaling.

We are wanting testers and other people to help us find bugs and contribute to the game. You will start with many items, just open the inventory and play around with the systems to let us know how it feels! We spent this month working on improving code and improve the ability to add new features and fix bugs. If you want to contribute, join our Discord channel! :)

SethJones

Milestone 7
  • Fixed a bug with death that could cause music to repeat.
  • Updated HUD with a new pixel theme, we are working on reworking the inventory and crafting the next milestone as well as adding summon GUI elements.
  • Added running animation to Luna.
  • Added Luna ultimate ability Fire Nova. Fire Nova will be an area-of-effect ability, but at the moment it does not work yet in that regard completely.
  • Added Spirit form which is default on the World Map. The animal forms will be available later in the game.
  • Expanded World Map, we will have other areas next milestone.
  • Added Ancestral Tower to World Map, this region will open in a future update.
  • Fixed a bug with collision and combat not registering with Rat leader mask.
  • Improve the drawing of icons to be more pixel.
  • New face art!
  • Lots of improvements to the code!
  • Block animation is now used when healing.
  • Added a lot more items and crafts. Feel free to play with them to see, we will put them in the game in a future update!
  • Fix double hit bug.
  • Trees are now randomly generated. We are going to add the ability to cut down trees next update also include ores and other items in the world!
  • Improve collisions.
  • You can't open inventory on the World Map.
  • You can't open inventory while moving.
  • Special Resource now is reset per start of each battle to 0, and it is now used for certain abilities.
  • Lots of other bug fixes and enhancements.

New running animation, walk can be down by holding shift

Luna_Running.gif

Preview of new concept art for Luna

new-luna4.png

We will be pushing updates much faster from here on forward! The game is still in very early development, so we welcome all kinds of feedback. We have plans to update many more core aspects of the game to make it more smooth. We also do not have any solid content developed for maps aside from the World Map (many areas are not accessible yet), so this is all placeholder.

Thank you for reading!

SethJones

MILESTONE 8
- Rooms now set the direction of the player
- Save and load is much better and now also saves direction
- Updated game interface with many changes
- New camera
- New movement with pixel collision
- Update Spirit Fall and World Map region
- Fire Nova now has an area-of-effect damage radius
- Added new sound effects to combat
- Don't allow movement or move when a transition to a new room starts
- Restore mana for pack leaders when retreat
- Set special resource to 0 for pack leaders when retreat
- Fix lag when you respawn
- Critical hits have been fixed - position and the damage ratio
- Heavy hits now do 2x damage rather than 1.5x
- New game icon
- Rebalanced combat to make it harder
- Enemies die instead of despawn when the pack leader dies
- Update game music
- Face enemy when you attack them automatically
- Add blink animation to Luna
- Can move with right mouse button
- Escape will unpause game
- Retreat radius is smaller
- Add screen shake when damaged in combat
- Disappear player dead body after 4 seconds instead of 6
- Add transform of Luna to fox form
- Fix bug with damaging in combat
- Allow crafting on the World Map
- Returning to title now resets the game and displays the splash screen
- Reduce size of cursor icons, improve pixel quality
- Make mouse movement require held down input
- Vsync has been enabled by default
- Game no longer starts as borderless and is a non-resizable window
- Added Ancestral Tower and house zones
- Fixed pause appearing in title screen
- Added where escape will exit game in title
- Added dialogue system.
- Added where the camera/player won't move outside the room
- F11 to switch to fullscreen mode. F12 to restart game
- Add Steam integration
- Pause/resume music when window gains and loses focus
- Don't animate movement if you can't move
- Added exits to zones
- You can change directions wiuthout moving
- Changed font from Monsterrat to a pixel version of Sans-Serif
- Fixed pause menu position bug

SethJones

MILESTONE 8.1
- Pause menu will prevent you from moving when you resume the game or go to title.
- Bugfix with injure state, it now fully works and should no longer show you as injured after dying.
- Bug fixes with stagger state, monsters, and player could be endlessly attacked while being stunned.
- Bugfix with combat movement to work more like movement outside of combat.
- When you die, you will now go to the World Map instead of the start of the map.
- More improvements to the codebase to make it easier to work with.
- When combat ends, monsters will now despawn and the pack leader will reset to prevent them from continuing to attack you.
- Bugfix with summons not despawning correctly going to other pack leaders during victory pose.

O

Omar Almighty

The art is really nice but it is tough to navigate and I couldn't quite figure out some of the controls.

I really love the pixel art :)

SethJones

@Omar Almighty Thanks for the feedback. We are making minor updates for each milestone to get more feedback to improve the game before adding more content and features!

MILESTONE 8.2
- Add WASD/arrow key movement.
- Made movement smoother with the mouse.
- Fixed bug with the invulnerable state with monsters. You can now kill them properly.
- Removed F key shortcuts.
- Fullscreen is on by default.
- Fix crash with pause menu while talking to Feral.
- Change default keybindings to spells to 12345.
- Remove being able to switch to summons using 12345 and tab shortcut keys.

SethJones

MILESTONE 8.3
- Remove Slime Leader pack leader from Spiritfall
- Immunity is now applied for 1 second for various states for summons, players, and enemies
- Face toward player pack leader as combat starts
- When player dies, pack leader face player
- Hide floater damage if no damage is dealt
- Summons will no longer attack enemies that are invulerable
- Spawn summons before combat phase as player draws sword rather than after
- Don't allow changing direction as transition to new room
- Lots of code changes and optimizations

SethJones

MILESTONE 8.4
- Improvements to projectiles.
- Remove WASD/arrow key movement forever.
- Rename game to Aerayth from Lunar Cross.
- Update Spiritfall and World Map. New art!
- Add Boat, incomplete.
- Fix bugs with state system setting sprites correctly.
- Summons now despawn instead of turn into a red orb.
- Fix crash with drawing of actors.
- General improvements to codebase and update to latest and greatest.

Last edited:

SethJones

MILESTONE 8.5
- Fix bugs with being immune to damage for monsters.
- Improve area-of-effect hits and spells.
- Damage is now shown even if it is 0.
- Bug fixes with state sprites for player.
- Add cursor icons for portals/zones/blocked areas/dialogue NPCs.
- Zones and portals now should stop movement and hinder moving while transporting.
- Dialogue system now allows using the left mouse button to interact.
- Mouse movement has been improved with pathfinding and now requires holding down the left mouse button.
- Injured state now allows blocking.
- Anvil and Cauldron now have been updated with new art!
- Summons have been disabled.
- Trees in Spiritfall now have y-sort.
- Blocking can now also be done using the shift key.
- Many crash fixes, combat enhancements and improve codebase.

curato

I checked it out and the art is really amazing. Especially the title art. The user interface could use some work. I had to really click around and get close to get it to zone me into where I want to go. There are things like mining and chopping trees that I couldn't tell if they were implemented yet or I couldn't get them to click. Those types of things could use a larger margin of error. Also it would be nice if I mouse over and entrance and click on it that it would just take me to that zone. In the forest when you start a fight the enemy spawns minions and when you kill the main enemy the minions stay and attack you but you leave combat your attack abilities go away.

SethJones

I checked it out and the art is really amazing. Especially the title art. The user interface could use some work. I had to really click around and get close to get it to zone me into where I want to go. There are things like mining and chopping trees that I couldn't tell if they were implemented yet or I couldn't get them to click. Those types of things could use a larger margin of error. Also it would be nice if I mouse over and entrance and click on it that it would just take me to that zone. In the forest when you start a fight the enemy spawns minions and when you kill the main enemy the minions stay and attack you but you leave combat your attack abilities go away.
Thanks! The mouse movement is still buggy, it was a somewhat better the last update before pathfinding, but it was hard to navigate. Next update, we plan to implement proper blocking movement, so you can collide properly with the map! :)

SethJones

Bump. We're still alive! Looking for new active developers, and a Discord moderator
  • Fix mouse movement, 8-pixel collision with pathfinding makes it buttery smooth
  • Remove GMLive
  • Fix entrance to Spiritfall
  • Fix fader to cover whole screen on Retina displays
  • Fix dialogue with new Game Maker
  • Upgrade to latest Game Maker

Last edited:

Repix

Not a fan of anime so can't say much..

What I can say.. Returning after this long is impressive. Well played!

mdcrowmusic

I remember playing the old Legend of Arteix demos back in 2010(?). I’m glad to see you are still developing RPGs. The game looks solid. Keep it up!🤘

SethJones

I remember playing the old Legend of Arteix demos back in 2010(?). I’m glad to see you are still developing RPGs. The game looks solid. Keep it up!🤘
Thanks! I have got much better at programming and tried to revive LoA, but the player base is less than a handful.