• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha Lunar Assault

M

Miltec

Hello everyone!

This is a game that I've been developing for about 2 weeks, it's still an early version of the game and I want to receive some feedback on what I've made so far. :D

It's a rather simple platformer shooter game, but I plan to expand more on it.

Screenshots:

The screenshots don't really tell much so I've also uploaded a playable alpha so you guys can try it out!

DOWNLOAD

Game controls:
A and D - Left and Right
Space - Jump(you can double jump and wall jump, press jump 3 times and hold to fly[implementing a jetpack function])
Left mouse - Shoot
1,2,3 - switch weapons
Enter - move to next stage(You have to be at the doorway)

I hope you enjoy my little game :D

alexde5th

Here's my take on the game.
• The graphics are fine, but for some reason, it also looks weird to me.
• Getting hit in the air and being unable to move for a moment really bothers me.
• The music while playing is *Underclocked - By Eric Skiff.*
• You might want to limit how far down the head moves when rotating it.
• Might want to fix that infinite jumping thing.
--> Also, a jetpack? There's essentially no feedback to those who started infinitely jumping... like me.
• So the controls are A,D, space bar, and... enter???
--> Enter?!
• The infinite laser pistol is fine, but could be sped up a tad.
• The other two useable weapons don't appear to be very... spacy. I don't know, google it.
• That one enemy that sits directly in the path way that can't die is severely annoying.
• The boss could use some tweaking... probably add health and SLOW DOWN HOW FAST IT CAN KILL YOU.
--> Speaking of which, I somehow got hit by the boulder when I was no where near it.
• Here's a video I did on the game:
• This is the shortest demo/alpha I've ever played. Right next to "war of pets".
Ok, Im done here.

M

Miltec

Thanks for the review :D I know there are still a lot of things to be done and fixed because this is the first "playable" demo I've built for it.

Yes, the music and sounds are not mine I just forgot to include the original creator, I'll probably replace those anyways

"Save the bees" - made me lol

About the boulder, I tried to do kind of an explosion effect that's why I made the player take damage when he is a bit further from the boulder.

All in all, thanks for reviewing and pointing out the problems in the game, I'll try my best to make it better. ^^