UWP Lots of problems (?).

Discussion in 'Programming' started by psyke, Mar 11, 2019.

1. psyke

psyke Member

Ok, so I'm working on porting my game to the Windows Store using the UWP module on GMS 2, and I noticed that it has some problems with it.

I will make things short:

1. Why ds_map_secure_save and ds_map_secure_load doesn't work on UWP? When I try using these functions, it says: "not currently supported on Windows UAP". I was searching on the forums, and it seems like this is a really old issue with UWP (like 2 or 3 years ago).

2. When I try saving an .ini or a buffer using buffer_save, it doesn't save the file to the Roaming/Local appdata. Where does the UWP app saves the files??

3. Why window_set_size doesn't work on UWP projects? What if we want to let the users play on a fixed window size, what is the alternative here?

These functions I listed are very important, and I don't know why they don't work on UWP, can someone shed me some light?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    For the item 2, I found out that it is on this folder:
    C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\YOUR_GAME

The other 2 items are still a mistery.

EDIT 2:
    Well, for the Item 2 again, the files are deleted everytime I run a the game from the IDE, so there is no way to test the save/load files? =(

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019