• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Lost source code, APK left over

M

Meowmere

I've been making a game for as long as I can remember, and recently my PC got destroyed and I had to get a new one. The last time I backed the code up was about... 4 months ago, and I can restart, but that'd be awful. Is there any way to decompile my APK file so I can get something back? I lost alot of sprites and code for a boss I made, It'd be a shame for it to all go to waste and never be brought back.

P

PlayLight

I've been making a game for as long as I can remember, and recently my PC got destroyed and I had to get a new one. The last time I backed the code up was about... 4 months ago, and I can restart, but that'd be awful. Is there any way to decompile my APK file so I can get something back? I lost alot of sprites and code for a boss I made, It'd be a shame for it to all go to waste and never be brought back.
Damn hey, that's a bummer.

There are great decompiling tools available for linux, but in the end you wont have anything GM:S can use as a project.
You would have to move the project to something like Android Studio.