• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Losing Months of Free Indie Subscription since August

Coded Games

With the addition of filters today I thought it might finally be time to use my free Indie subscription. Let's compare to what the page said I had in August:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 2.43.40 PM.png

And now what it shows today:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 2.43.47 PM.png

I lost 2 months without even using Indie?! Was this known anywhere that the free months would just gradually run out without even using them? In the 2 months since the subscription was initially announced there was 0 reason to upgrade.

Cameron

The free subscription has a sunset date and we are moving closer to the sunset date. The months they are showing you is a variable not a constant.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Basically, the number of free Indie months is:
12 x number of permanent licenses
+ number of months left in 2021 at the time of redeeming free subscriptions

So every month the latter number decreases by 1.

Whether the 12 x licenses part will stay for however long you like, or it has to be claimed until a certain date, I don't know.

Sad

Basically, the number of free Indie months is:
12 x number of permanent licenses
+ number of months left in 2021 at the time of redeeming free subscriptions

So every month the latter number decreases by 1.

Whether the 12 x licenses part will stay for however long you like, or it has to be claimed until a certain date, I don't know.
I would be my forum username if those "12months x Licenses" free subs time has an expiry date (that are too close). My plan was to keep holding to it until it's absolutely necessary.

Sad

Posting it here because there was similar question on Discord

The answer from YYG is:

So yes the only months that are ticking down are the bonus one