• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Looking to work together with a sprite artist for 2-3 months

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Good day,

So I'm looking to make a game of a particular era, sort of a restaurant running game with a twist.
The player is to build their own shop then run it similar to theme hospital.
I'd like to code it but I'm not that good at sprite art, if someone's interested in a collab let me know, I'm starting with the plans then if no one's interested I'll have to learn some sprite art.

Don't want to get specific on the game concept, gotta be a lil secretive.

Please note that instead of me learning pixel art and writing the code at the same time, perhaps a collaborator may take this as an opportunity to better their pixel art themselves.

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

collabing can be fun, but if it doesnt workout and you cant get anyone you can just use free placeholders from the internet. there are also sprite sheets of pretty much all nes snes or whatever game out there.

if your after a certain direction artists can be very protective of theyr "style" so theres that and were talking indies here so collabs pretty much end ata the first disagreement.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
I'm not sure if it's ends at the first disagreement.
In any case I'll see if I can get a prototype ready so an artist just has to catch up.
It's easier to show what's going on that way.