• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Looking for suggestions

flyinian

In my game, I have several possible foes to fight. Each foe has their own area to fight.

Each of those areas will have the same buttons with same functions. However, each of those buttons will have different data to use.

These buttons are created and destroyed when another button is pressed.

How can I achieve reusing the same buttons but, have them display different data?

The only way that I can think of to achieve this, would be to use the parenting system.

Are there any suggestions?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
How can I achieve reusing the same buttons but, have them display different data?
Give them variables containing all the data that can change, and set that data from a controller object / in their Room Start Event / in their Instance Creation Code (whichever is the easiest) based on what foe you're fighting? (obtained through global variables, room IDs, randomness or whatever makes sense for your game)