• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Audio Looking for someone to compose music for your games?

E

Evano

Hey all!
9 years ago I made a thread where I took in your music requests for free. After taking a long break from composing, I am now I'm back to do it all again! :D

Bio:
I've been composing music since I was 11 and started composing for video games when I was 14 back in 2008 before taking a hiatus in 2012. I have a MusB in music with a double major in composition and classical performance. I can play the piano, guitar, and bass, with a few random instruments that I use to play such as the bagpipes, tin whistle, and violin. Some of the genres I've composed in range from orchestral works, to chiptune (or any electronic genre), rock, metal, jazz, ambient, ethnic, and even a fusion of the listed genres. However, I am flexible with all kinds of music so if there's something really specific that you want, I'll do my best to create something to your liking. I use FL Studio to compose mp3s and Noteworthy Composer/Sibelius for midi related works.

Portfolio:
Here is a link to my SoundCloud with a selection of snippets I've written recently including a few that I've written awhile back for other games on here but remastered:
SoundCloud Page

I'm offering two types of services:
The first one is just a simple request where you can either post on here or PM me for a track. You can request a maximum of 3 tracks and these are completely free to use for your game. Depending on how many tracks you've requested, it could take around 1-4 days. However, I'll try and get it done within a day or 2. You can use this format below to post your request:

Genre: //Self explanatory. Just write whatever genre you want for your music :D
Duration: //You can request up to a maximum of 3 minutes per track
Looped: //Yay or nay?
Short Description: //Any random bits of info you want to add on what sort of music you want such as "fast intense stuff" or "happy but percussive". Be sure to not leave out anything when writing this section or you might get something sounding pretty generic
Screenshot: //Entirely optional though it would help immensely so I can get a feel for the game
Link to Game: //Same thing as the screenshot thing. Optional but it would help
Format: //.wav, .ogg, .flac, and .mp3 formats are available. .mid format is also an option though I haven't created anything in midi in a while so it might take a while. Tracker formats are out of the question since it means I'll have to relearn how to use them again :rolleyes:

The only thing I ask of is to credit me under "Evan Zhu" when using the tracks. Also, I'll be posting your requested audio tracks on here using dropbox since the tracks are free unless you specifically want me to PM you the track.

2. If you're looking for a composer to work more closely on your game (ie. more than 3 tracks or want greater flexibility in terms of what sort of music you want), feel free to PM or email me about hiring and we can discuss more about what sort of music you/your team needs, as well as rates, method of contact (Skype, Discord etc.), and schedule.​

E

Evano

I use FL Studio to make my tracks :D. I mentioned it in my bio thing if you haven't seen it.

D

Deleted member 16767

Here's your piece: Swiss Cheese. Wasn't entirely sure what sort of rock you wanted since you just said intense. If you wanted something less heavier than this, feel free to ask and I can redo it for you :)
Awesome! Exactly what I looked for! :)

G

Guest User

Here your piece: Eh I Did a Thing. Hope this is what you're looking for :D
Thanks! :D Not exactly what I was looking for, but I will use it. Could you do another one, but the genre would be rock? (Like a different track, but the short description would be the same).

E

Evano

Thanks! :D Not exactly what I was looking for, but I will use it. Could you do another one, but the genre would be rock? (Like a different track, but the short description would be the same).
Not sure how rocky you wanted it so here's the piece: Aloha Boi. Hopefully this is what you wanted this time :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16767

Hello. I'm back. This time I'd like to request a song for the title screen and character screen which will be the same music track. It will also be used in trailers for the game. This is a track that gives an identity to the game.

Genre: Rock.
Duration: 1:30 minutes.
Looped: Not looped. It needs to have a good ending that surprises you. So that the track can continue from start again.
Short Description: Fast beats.
Screenshot: You've seen it. The title screen depicts the first stages of the game with the Guardian class as a big statue on the middle. Then when you press start you get to choose your class.
Link to Game: Same.
Format: .wav

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Evano

Hello. I'm back. This time I'd like to request a song for the title screen and character screen which will be the same music track. It will also be used in trailers for the game. This is a track that gives an identity to the game.

Genre: Rock.
Duration: 1:30 minutes.
Looped: Not looped. It needs to have a good ending that surprises you. So that the track can continue from start again.
Short Description: Fast beats.
Screenshot: You've seen it. The title screen depicts the first stages of the game with the Guardian class as a big statue on the middle. Then when you press start you get to choose your class.
Link to Game: Same.
Took a bit longer than usual to make this since I was busy working on other things. Wasn't entirely sure what you meant by a 'good' ending that surprises you since good is kinda subjective :p. Anyway here's your piece : Tinkle Bell.

D

Deleted member 16767

Took a bit longer than usual to make this since I was busy working on other things. Wasn't entirely sure what you meant by a 'good' ending that surprises you since good is kinda subjective :p. Anyway here's your piece : Tinkle Bell.
I couldn't of thought of better. Thank you for this track. The sneak peak video of v. 0.130 is on gamejolt with credits to everyone that helped out and I've added this track to the games music album.

D

Deleted member 16767

Bumping for taking more requests :D
This will be my last free request. I need a game over tune.

Genre: Classic opera.
Duration: 17 seconds.
Looped: Not looped.
Short Description: Flute. Some piano in the background, but the flute is the main actor. Sad start but exciting ending. Like you don't want to give up the game.
Screenshot:

Link to Game: Same. V. 0.160 is out now.

C

Celtech

Hey Evano, we're looking for someone to do music for our game! It's a 2D 32bit RPG and quite a bit of music will be needed. If you're interested please shoot me an email: [email protected]

As for pay we'd ideally like to do profit sharing, starting with our kickstarter campaign here in a month, though we will discuss more of this in private. If this interests you and you want to know more let me know!

D

drowned

Hey there. Do you do ambient sound tracks, like sounds of a forest scene, or similar things? Or sound effects in general?

E

Evano

Short Description: Flute. Some piano in the background, but the flute is the main actor. Sad start but exciting ending. Like you don't want to give up the game.
Screenshot:
Link to Game: Same. V. 0.160 is out now.
Whoops. Apparently my email didn't notify me about this. Since I just got it today, your request should be done by tomorrow unless you already have a track for it. Apologies for the delay!

Hey Evano, we're looking for someone to do music for our game! It's a 2D 32bit RPG and quite a bit of music will be needed. If you're interested please shoot me an email: [email protected]

As for pay we'd ideally like to do profit sharing, starting with our kickstarter campaign here in a month, though we will discuss more of this in private. If this interests you and you want to know more let me know!
Sent you an email :D

Hey there. Do you do ambient sound tracks, like sounds of a forest scene, or similar things? Or sound effects in general?
I don't do sound effects sorry. However, I can do ambient music that incorporates royalty free sound effects if that's what you're looking for?

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
So cool! I almost feel bad, requesting this for free!
Genre: Rock
Duration: Around 2:30
Looped: Looped
Short Description: Epic, with some neat bass.Some opera around the later half, if you can do that. Fast-paced, but with a build up and drop.
Screenshot: Sorry, no screen shot yet. Still a work with progress. But imagine some guys with swords, sacrificing their very health points to wield magic attacks to kill something nasty. Kind of futuristic.

Thanks, you have my respect.

D

drowned

I don't do sound effects sorry. However, I can do ambient music that incorporates royalty free sound effects if that's what you're looking for?
Hmm, that's a possibility, I'm not really sure. Would you mind trying that with a forest scene? Sort of a serene, tranquil forest at night kind of sound?

E

Evano

Here's your track: Game Over. I added some strings in it to give it more body in the piece. Also, if the ending is too gloomy, I could always change it to a happier chord. Originally I experimented with having it end on a happier note but it sounded kinda weird to me :p

Short Description: Epic, with some neat bass.Some opera around the later half, if you can do that. Fast-paced, but with a build up and drop.
Screenshot: Sorry, no screen shot yet. Still a work with progress. But imagine some guys with swords, sacrificing their very health points to wield magic attacks to kill something nasty. Kind of futuristic.

When you say neat bass, are you saying like a bass guitar or do you mean like dubstep kind of bass? Just asking since you mentioned having a drop and that was one of the things that popped into my head :p. Also is this for a boss fight or just a general play area thing? And what sort of genre/type of game is this?

Hmm, that's a possibility, I'm not really sure. Would you mind trying that with a forest scene? Sort of a serene, tranquil forest at night kind of sound?
Here's a quick 30 second demo I did: Demo. When making this, I ended up not using any sound effects. However, if this is what you want, feel free to say how long you want the track to be and I'll have a better version of it/add in some forest sound effects.

D

drowned

Cool, thank you. Lemme put it in my game and see how it feels. I'm thinking it might be too "music-y" if that makes any sense, because we don't have any background music in the game, just more ambient sounds (like a fireplace, wind and thunder, etc.). So I guess I was kind of imagining like insects, leaves rustling... I'm really not sure. I'll try it though.

On another note, I am a huge fan of that Game Over track. Mikix if you aren't interested in it please let me know and I will be happy to use it.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
When you say neat bass, are you saying like a bass guitar or do you mean like dubstep kind of bass? Just asking since you mentioned having a drop and that was one of the things that popped into my head :p. Also is this for a boss fight or just a general play area thing? And what sort of genre/type of game is this?
Like a bass guitar. Sorry for not specifying. : ) A fight against a boss. It's a turn-based RPG.
Thanks for being more thorough than me! : ) (Dubstep bass might be cool though. I only know so much about music making, feel free to use your instincts, they are probably better than mine.)

E

Evano

Sorry for the delay! Apparently there was some power maintenance the last 2 days so I was only able to get a few hours of work done on it. Anywho! Here's your track: A E I O U. Hope this is what you wanted :D. I tried doing dubstep on it and it didn't end up fitting as well as I hoped so no dubstep bass in the track :rolleyes:.

E

Evano

Apologies for the delayed reply! Been busy working on some things so I haven't checked this in a while. Should have something done for you in about a day or two.

E

Evano

I noticed that I can still request one track. I need music for my trailer.

Genre: I need music for my trailer. Mysterious and gradually increasing music.
Duration: Approximately 1 minute
Looped: NO.
Short Description: Mysterious, atmospheric, gets more intensive towards the end.
Screenshots & Link to Game: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/the-unknown-castle-puzzle-platformer.44133/
Format: mp3

Thank you.
Here's your piece: Too Spoopy. Hope this is what you wanted :D I don't know how intense you wanted at the end since I felt that something dramatic for a trailer doesn't sound too apt for a puzzle platformer.

G

Guest User

Here's your piece: Too Spoopy. Hope this is what you wanted :D I don't know how intense you wanted at the end since I felt that something dramatic for a trailer doesn't sound too apt for a puzzle platformer.
This is good. Not too dramatic, the intensity is just right. Thanks!