• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Looking for Project Partner(S) for Indie Platformer

B

BKnight74

Hey there. I'm looking for project partner(s) for an Indie platformer. This is my first attempt at video game development, so I might be a little "rough around the edges" with it, but I'm not new to media development projects and I've worked with many freelancers over the years. One thing I am picky about is quality, because I believe when you create something it is a reflection of who you are, and I'm not about serving anybody garbage. I'm looking at maybe 6 months to a year on this project so that it's done right. However, that is just a guess and the main thing will be putting out a quality game.

So here are some of the things that I am looking to do:

1. Create an Indie platformer with both modern and retro aspects to it.
2. Have a soundtrack that fits the mood of the game and makes the game exciting on its own.
3. I will need at least one person that knows programming well. I haven't done video game programming at this level, but I plan to work on it and generally catch on to this kind of thing fast. If you work as a programmer, I'm probably going to be asking questions and really need someone I can rely on.
4. People who are good at concept work.
5. Team oriented people who want to create a game that people will want to play.

I am willing to do this as paid or volunteer depending on the type of involvement. Before I agree on any paid position(s), I will most likely want to look at the resources available. That way it's not only fair to me, but anybody who wants to be involved.

If you're interested, just leave a reply here. I have the basic concept for the game, but I want to keep it within the team working on the project. I imagine it will also change somewhat as people introduce new ideas. I will most likely setup a website directly for the game as well, and that will include a "team only" section so we can collaborate on the project.

dphsw

I know programming well, I've done it since being a child (it was in BASIC back then, though since then I've done it in C++, Javascript, C#, and a few others now and again, and of course nowadays GML - C# remains my favourite though). I often take a few days to notice emails, but I'll try to help out in my spare time if that's what you want, or I'll devote more regular time to it if you want it to be a paid position. (Or you could just pay on a consulting basis when particular problems come up, that's what I usually do for other people at the moment, and I work mainly on my own game in the meantime.)

B

BKnight74

Hey thanks for the responses dphsw and Morseton. I definitely appreciate your help with this. I've always been a big gamer, and I'm looking to take this on as a bit of a hobbyist. I'm usually working on multiple media projects at any given time, and this is something I've wanted to add to my portfolio, then maybe continue to do in the future if I have a good experience with it and can work with some good people. The main thing for me is putting out something that shines. I'm very familiar with marketing, web design and development, publishing, writing, and just about anything else that revolves around media. I just haven't actually designed a game before, so this is new ground for me. I figure the best way is to be working with people who know their stuff, then learn and provide support as we're working on the project.

B

Bengonline

I can do character concept art really effectively.

Hey there. I'm looking for project partner(s) for an Indie platformer. This is my first attempt at video game development, so I might be a little "rough around the edges" with it, but I'm not new to media development projects and I've worked with many freelancers over the years. One thing I am picky about is quality, because I believe when you create something it is a reflection of who you are, and I'm not about serving anybody garbage. I'm looking at maybe 6 months to a year on this project so that it's done right. However, that is just a guess and the main thing will be putting out a quality game.

So here are some of the things that I am looking to do:

1. Create an Indie platformer with both modern and retro aspects to it.
2. Have a soundtrack that fits the mood of the game and makes the game exciting on its own.
3. I will need at least one person that knows programming well. I haven't done video game programming at this level, but I plan to work on it and generally catch on to this kind of thing fast. If you work as a programmer, I'm probably going to be asking questions and really need someone I can rely on.
4. People who are good at concept work.
5. Team oriented people who want to create a game that people will want to play.

I am willing to do this as paid or volunteer depending on the type of involvement. Before I agree on any paid position(s), I will most likely want to look at the resources available. That way it's not only fair to me, but anybody who wants to be involved.

If you're interested, just leave a reply here. I have the basic concept for the game, but I want to keep it within the team working on the project. I imagine it will also change somewhat as people introduce new ideas. I will most likely setup a website directly for the game as well, and that will include a "team only" section so we can collaborate on the project.

B

BKnight74

Bengonline,

That's definitely something we'll need. I'm also looking for a sound guy (or girl). Once we get the initial team, I'm going to build out a development hub site, so everybody can figure out an overall plan for the project.

M

Matt93

Hello, I'd be interested in getting involved with this as a programmer. Are you still looking for someone else? I've been using Game Maker for over 3 years now, mainly entering game jams and working on game remakes.