Job Offer - Programmer Looking for programmer for painting software

• Thread starter Deleted member 16767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16767

Hey. Okay, I've tried getting this to work for a long time. My painting software uses an image of a file as a brush to paint on the canvas. It is stored in a docker so that it can be used again fast. What I want to do is, with the same image file brush, I want to be able to erase from all angles perfectly pixel by pixel any image that has been drawn on the canvas.

Please PM me if you can do this. Thanks!

https://mibli.itch.io/shadowforge

D

Deleted member 16767

I got it to work miracously through a bug in the game. But I want to make it visible that it is indeed transparent. In the software it looks like a smoky black/gray color. It looks like this here, but in the folder and in other painting apps it's transparent.

sp202

I am advising against working with this user. We agreed in private to a deal on the issues I would fix (the issue described in this thread and another I came across), I made clear what the cost would be and they confirmed they were fine with it.

Once the work was done, this user decided that there was another issue already inherent in the project that I was to blame for and refused to accept the work despite the aforementioned issues being solved and no other issues being introduced.

When I had the gall to ask if I would be receiving payment, having spent 5 hours on the project, they decided they'd sooner block me than discuss possible courses of action.

I am willing to help in some capacity to fix issues remaining in the project if this user would allow me to as I don't want a client to be dissatisfied with my work, but it must be noted that this is outside the scope of what was agreed upon.

M

Master Maker

I've had similar experiences myself. I worked for a while, a few weeks, if I recall correctly, on a few different project for this person. If my records are correct, either he never paid me or the payment didn't go through. However, I had not sent him the project, per my policy. This happened around February of 2018.

D

Deleted member 16767

sp202 did not make an erasing tool. He made the software worser than it was. I too spent 5 hours speaking with this guy, which also was a waste of time.

Edit: For every hour he tries to fix it the price skyrockets up. He has never made an erasing tool before to my knowledge. He then started talking about the money and that I just used him as someone to talk to to fix the problem, but he was the one chatting with me.

Edit 2: He told me it would take 2 hours. Then he replied back 1 hour later, that it will take 4 hours. I told him that, I will pay max $100 for it, which is 4 hours. He agreed upon it. And then he sent me the software which is worse and could be made in 10 mins max (and it was not the erasing tool, it was just a border for the user to paint on, which I did not like at all, I was after the erasing tool).

Last edited by a moderator:

sp202

Please don't misrepresent the work I did. I am happy to provide executable versions of what I was given and what I produced as well as chat logs so that it can be confirmed that I delivered what I promised.

What you said about my pricing is true, but my initial estimate was given after taking a quick look at the code and would in most cases be a reasonable estimate, but the poor quality of the code already in the project manifested itself in complexity that resulted in having to try multiple alternative approaches.

Most issues can be solved in 10 minutes with hindsight, if you had the knowledge required to fix the issue in that time I think you should've saved us both the hassle.

D

Deleted member 16767

Are you kidding me? Please show the picture, I'll be impressed. Because when we talked you gave me an executable and which when I saved the picture, the image brush (erase brush for the image brush) was only 50% transparent. I opened the file again, drew with it, and then it was still there. I told you before what I wanted. I wanted an eraser that erases images on the canvas, and the eraser should not be visible and the image when saved to a folder -- inside the folder the eraser should not be visible too.

sp202

I think perhaps we should discuss this in private, I'm happy to post things here but it's not a good look to be debating senselessly on a public forum. I think it would be far more productive if you would be so kind as to unblock me so we can better discuss and tackle the issue.

EDIT: After further discussion it turns out @mikix had missed the instructions I had mentioned, after following them he was able to get the fix working correctly. He has apologized and sent me the payment.

Last edited: