1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Request Looking for Network / Multiplayer Programmer

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by OnLashoc, Jan 15, 2018.

1. OnLashoc

OnLashoc Member

I have a game / concept I've been working on, it's more of the concept going into actual game design phase that I'm at right now.

What I am looking to create will be a space based 2D MOBA. I would like it to be a minimum 8 vs 8 (the more the better but understanding there are limitations to multiplayer and the chosen engine) battle arena with running leaderboards (kills, assists, damage, etc), therefor a switch to Unity at a later time is probably expected. Below are a few concept images I've designed as some of the types of assets for the game.

lareon_150.png cybren_sevo250.png h_scout_275.png scout275.png

I have planets, ships, races, logos, etc. already made. If any of this peaks your interests, please PM me as I don't know what something like this would cost, but I would definitely like to discuss with any potential collaborators.

Onnie

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. OverLogic

OverLogic Member

3. Bastion

Bastion Guest

PM Sent

4. AnnaExplor

AnnaExplor Guest

Sent you a PM please take look

5. OnLashoc

OnLashoc Member

Thank you for your responses!

We currently have what we need (pending acceptance of latest interested party).

We are looking for someone that knows GMS's networking capabilities and GML, but that too may soon be filled.

Onnie

6. Master Maker

Master Maker Member

Hey, I know both of those. I have made a 3D multiplayer first person shooter in GMS, and can send you the link, if you would like.

7. OnLashoc

OnLashoc Member

Sure, since the team is pretty solid for the moment, give it a couple days and see how it goes.

Right now Im doing what I can here is a piece of art for an asset im working on right now:

inhibitornewA.png

I'll keep some of you on a short list of reserves in case someone doesn't work out.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. OnLashoc

OnLashoc Member

For some reason this site doesn't like imgbb.com

9. OnLashoc

OnLashoc Member

So,
    It's been two years since I started learning game development and specifically with GMS 2. I have developed at least a dozen different games focusing on specific aspects of what I wanted in a game of my own. I've created maps with grid system, a first person GUI, a turn based system, smaller games like a shootem up, a card game, a side scrolling platformer, an RPG type game, and multiple others including a market and inventory management system just stretching what I could do further and further to now I am trying to conquer this beast of GMS 2 Networking and multiplayer.

I've learned about buffers, sockets, creating a server, creating a client, and movement, but... I am struggling with everything else.

I've decided to jump back to this project and to recreate it from the ground up as in two years I've learn more efficient ways to accomplish the same things.

So now that I am doing this minus having to redo the artwork / assets, I am looking for someone in Networking / Multiplayer coding, that is willing to work with me on achieving bringing this thing to life. We will focus on the multiplayer of this game from the ground up and I will rebuild the game around it.

Prefer:
    - Willingness to communicate over Discord or whatever popular computer voice chat app
    - Willingness to at least answer questions as they arise within reason
    - Available on most weekends within reason and some weeknights again within reason (I live in Eastern Time Zone)
    - Must speak English, accent is not an issue as I love diversity and learning about other's cultures

But I am open to whatever help I can get.

Compensation is negotiable. I dont have a budget at this moment, but as soon as I know what I am looking at monetary wise required, I will find a way to work it out if possible before any type of coding is done.

If I cannot find someone to help with this, I might jump back to Unity as I've been told and read that multiplayer with GMS 2 is difficult but not impossible compared to Unity which is really easy to create a multiplayer game.

Onnie