• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Idea Looking for name ideas for my game!

M

MatthewL019

Hello! I've been trying to think of an idea for my game for a while now, however it's proving rather difficult. Here is what the game is about:

A top-down story game where you discover a classified mutation-device, giving you telekinetic powers which you must use to your advantage to defeat difficult enemies and solve problems throughout an underground science facility.

I've thought of things like 'Kill-a-kinesis' though it just doesn't seem fitting.. Do you guys have any ideas? If you suggest an idea that I decide to use, I will credit you!

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
PsychoBound, to try to attract people that are into EarthBound (a game that's also about using psychic powers).

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
"Science Rocks!", especially if you can work rocks into the story somehow (either the power is inside rocks, or your main levitated projectile is magnetic rocks).

Ninety

"Science Rocks!"
Protip: avoid names that sound like an educational program from the 90s :p

I always suggest trying for a name based on a story or world element, trying to describe gameplay in the name or making some kind of pun or alliteration usually ends badly.

Genetix

Not sure how dark or humorous the game is - that description almost gives it a Portal kind of feel... Maybe that could help guide decisions for theme, development, and a title as well?

HayManMarc

Looking for name ideas for my game!
Here is what the game is about:

A top-down story game where you discover a classified mutation-device, giving you telekinetic powers which you must use to your advantage to defeat difficult enemies and solve problems throughout an underground science facility.
Resident Evil

I

ItsThriller

You could do some Logan stuff, since the game involves mutation, and call it the name of the character

M

MatthewL019

Thank you for all the suggestions! I really like most of them. Psybrinth sounds very cool though it's not quite a labyrinth the game is set in. I settled for 'Mutation: Kinesis', however I still think a better name could be given.

B

Bullseye

the law of motion is void

if you're looking for a good subtitle that might work, seeing as the main character will be defying the laws of motion

E

erickexl

Hello! I've been trying to think of an idea for my game for a while now, however it's proving rather difficult. Here is what the game is about:

I've thought of things like 'Kill-a-kinesis' though it just doesn't seem fitting.. Do you guys have any ideas? If you suggest an idea that I decide to use, I will credit you!
Mindshatter?