Looking for large cheap/free assets to further knowledge on gml code

flyinian

I got an idea where I could get assets and look through the code to see how others code and break it down.

If you know any good assets that are cheap or free and that has a lot of code, let me know.

I'll probably start in the free section of the assets and work my way out.

Oh, if you have a file to share with code, feel free to share that as well.

Thank You.

Lumenflower

Yellow Dog
Appears that I need a version of Game Maker that I don't have to open the source code to spelunky. :(
Ah didn't think of that. It'd probably work on 8.1 or earlier, but there are probably much more current examples that would be a better learning platform anyway.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
You could look at the Hello Mario engine. It was done in Studio 1.4, which can be imported into Studio2 mostly without issues(except bunches of compatibility scripts). I didn't read the whole post either, so someone may have already done the conversion and made it available.

flyinian

You could look at the Hello Mario engine. It was done in Studio 1.4, which can be imported into Studio2 mostly without issues(except bunches of compatibility scripts). I didn't read the whole post either, so someone may have already done the conversion and made it available.

Thank You.

HayManMarc

Beware. Compatibility scripts are a big angry bear, if you're just trying to learn stuff. I'd avoid converting anything, if you're trying to learn stuff. Compatibility scripts would only add confusion, in my opinion.

Hey guys, yal ( (yellow after life) not the other one :) ) has a port of spelunky for gamemaker studio: 1.4 which works fine in gamemaker studio 2. Just thought I'd point it out.