• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Looking for help

Z

ZooSam10

Hi, I'm a young "indie" developer of games. Im completly new to this forum and i want to know what it's all about. I have all these ideas for games and would like to meet some people for advice on how to make these ideas i have in my head come out as a video game.

Rob

Hi, I'm a young "indie" developer of games. I'm completely new to this forum and i want to know what it's all about. I have all these ideas for games and would like to meet some people for advice on how to make these ideas I have in my head come out as a video game.
The best way is to learn to code. How you visualise a game as a player and how you visualise a game as a developer can be two very different things. In order to make your ideas become a reality, you'll need to be able to understand what different systems are involved and how they're going to work together (if they need to interact) among other things.

Turning what's in your head into something that actually works can be the hard part, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

So... do as many tutorials as you can. Try and avoid the common pitfalls like biting off more than you can chew. Try and make a very small (and probably boring) game and then make another one and try and learn new things as you go.

An alternative is to be an artist and team up with somebody else who will program.

Z

ZooSam10

Thank you, Rob i was asking because im a 15 year old and i dont know what all goes into games. I know a lot about video games and i use unity to mess around with things, but I don't know EVERYTHING that goes into games and making games. Do you have any ideas on where I should start?