Job Offer - General looking for game/level designer

D

David Ang

I'm building 2 games at the moment, I'm attaching gifs so you guys can see how it's looking like.

Half of the graphic assets from the gif will change, the other half are actual in-game graphics already.

One game is like Army of Darkness / Bravium. Player moves left -> right and enemies approach. Perhaps like Army of Darkness, there is a base/item to protect.

The other game is player running from left -> right to finish line, where it tries to dodge bombs and bullets. This is not an endless runner, the player will control the character and it has 3 lanes where the player can move up/down

I'm looking for someone who can help me design the game mechanics, stages, enemy behaviours etc., If your a pixel artist too, I can also pay for your pixel art. For example the runner game needs a different background, not exactly happy with the background i'm using.

An example design docs can look like the following:

Stage 1:

- 5 bugs will spawn at X,Y.
- after 2 minutes, 10 bugs spawn at x,y
- first bugs wave have 10 hit points each
etc.,

Stage 2:
- Starts off with the stage 2 boss showing off, then disappears
- 5 level 2 bugs spawns at x,y
- etc

Player design:
Players will have 1 range weapon, a knife in case it runs out of ammo, 3 grenades to throw at a time.
Bugs drops xxx and can be picked up.

Please message me with your rates, or perhaps a complete price package for a design document that I can use and follow.

Thank you so much for your time.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David Ang

No problem! Happy to hear you found work pretty quick! Work is still available if someone else is interested.

M

MishMash

Is this the sort of thing you meant about a tiled level designer? I can find any pictures of level designers and tile them for you at a competitive rate.

(N.b. I'm only making this post because your original query is rather vague and lacking in information, it could be interpreted as you needing art, needing someone to physically build your levels or to have a programmer create a custom level editor for your specific game with the support for different types of level. I assume you mean you want an artist to create tilesets, but it would be worth providing more information)

rIKmAN

Please let me know your rate or how much per level.

An example work would be a tower defense stage using a set of tileset and props.
Are you looking for someone to create the artwork / tileset as well?

It doesn't make sense to me that you'd pay someone to simply place tiles in an editor if you already have the assets, but the title is a bit ambiguous.

D

David Ang

I can purchase ready made tilesets sold at marketplaces. If you guys wish to create the tileset, I'm fine with it too, but it depends on the final cost.

A level designer is a job role by itself - so not anyone can do it properly or can make one that would look good and actually nice to play through for players.

I like stages for level 1 up-to say level 5 in increasing difficulty for casual games like:

1. endless runner
2. tower defense
3. platform game

Ideally we could use a tileset and style that would fit this type of character/graphic style - https://www.gamedevmarket.net/asset/adventure-package-1-1420/ (for the endless runner type like game)

for the platform we could use this one - https://www.goblinportal.com/post/134354617093/pixel-viking-zombie-sidescroller-this-pack

also by Tiled i meant using this level editor - http://www.mapeditor.org/

D

David Ang

My priority for the job changed a bit, I would imagine before designing a stage/level there needs to be a solid game design/mechanics first. Please see intro/first post for details.

D

David Ang

Hey guys just to be clear - i'm not looking for a programmer. I'm looking for a game designer. So maybe i can pay like a package deal for a full game design docs. Here is an example:

Stage 1:

- 5 bugs will spawn at X,Y.
- after 2 minutes, 10 bugs spawn at x,y
- first bugs wave have 10 hit points each
etc.,

Stage 2:
- Starts off with the stage 2 boss showing off, then disappears
- 5 level 2 bugs spawns at x,y
- etc

Player design:
Players will have 1 range weapon, a knife in case it runs out of ammo, 3 grenades to throw at a time.
Bugs drops xxx and can be picked up.

So things like these is what i need. Let me know if your up for it and it would be great if you can show me some sample work you've done in the past. Thank you.