Mac OSX Looking for Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeadlierSky

Hello, I am creating a 2D game on Game Maker Studios 2. I see where I can post my game in progress to get feedback on it while it is still in development. Is that still an option, if so do I post it here? I could really use some advice since I am just starting out.

I was also wondering which is easier to accomplish, a top down arena shooter or a scroller. The basis of the game is spaceship combat against alien invaders.

Thanks for the help!

pixeltroid

Hi. If you want to share screenshots, videos and demos, post it here in a thread with the title of your game name or a description ("2D retro space shooter" etc).

I was also wondering which is easier to accomplish, a top down arena shooter or a scroller.
All types of 2D are easy to create IF you know how to. Although IMO, the art and animation will be easier to make for a top down format. A game about spaceship combat can work in top down format AND a scroller format.

D

DeadlierSky

Hi. If you want to share screenshots, videos and demos, post it here in a thread with the title of your game name or a description ("2D retro space shooter" etc).
Hey sorry to bother you again I was trying to post a thread with my video attached, but it will only let me post files like .jpeg .png but not .mov or my zip files. Any idea how I can get around that?

pixeltroid

I think you might need to upload your .mov files to a video streaming site and post the link.

For .zip files, if its a demo of your game, make accounts at gamejolt.io or itch.io and post the link. Or else you can use dropbox. but gamejolt / itch.io is better as they help you attract people to your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.