[Looking for feedback!] The Color Coded Underground (Top down doom-inspired roguelite)

Cpaz

Find it here on itch.io!

A doom-inspired roguelite that is focused on color coordinated crits and augmentations.
This started as a prototype that focused on random level generation. After deciding around summertime to try and make something more of it, I began going ham on ideas to flesh it out.

Keep in mind that this is very much a gameplay prototype. There is next to no focus on visual outside of distinguishing entities.

Short gameplay video:

Longform gameplay video:

I'm looking for feedback, so please don't be afraid to let loose on the discussion page!

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

Enemies were quite fast, i kinda like how it forces you into close range combat.
Hitting enemies with bat was lot of fun :)

After buying body augment my health went from 30 to 25. Is that supposed to happen?

1582926299413.png

Got this error when i tried to save game:
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_bar:

Variable obj_bar.MT_sav(100032, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_quick_save
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_quick_save (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_bar_Draw_0

Cpaz

Hey, i tried your game.

Enemies were quite fast, i kinda like how it forces you into close range combat.
Hitting enemies with bat was lot of fun :)

After buying body augment my health went from 30 to 25. Is that supposed to happen?

View attachment 29055

Got this error when i tried to save game:
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_bar:

Variable obj_bar.MT_sav(100032, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_quick_save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_quick_save (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_bar_Draw_0
Ah. More egg in my face.

TLDR: I have a mass text document for any Gui/file related elements, in the event I decide to offer localization in the future. (also keep things clean while programming any hud related elements).
So yeah, funkyness with that, unfortunately.

I'll have a fix up for it tonight! Thanks for playing!!!