• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer looking for experienced GM programmer to correspond with

M

milk

hi ! I'm working on my first game, an isometric pixel art based fantasy rpg with visual novel elements and a turn based battle system. It's sort of a combination of harvest moon/the mother series/undertale. Like the title says I basically need someone who is experienced with game maker to take up a correspondence with me to help me with any questions I may have about coding. I want to do all the programming for my game myself, and I can figure out most of it through watching tutorials, but every once in a while I encounter a problem that I cannot find an answer to, and instead of constantly posting in forums with my small questions I'd like to befriend someone who can help point me in the right direction if I need it.
we can use email, fb messenger, however you want to communicate. if you do end up doing a bit of scripting for me and it takes up a lot of your time I will offer payment if you'd like. this is a casual project that I'm doing in my spare time when im not working at my full time job, and I'm doing all the artwork and everything by myself so the game may not be completed for another year or two.
I'm anticipating being able to make some good money with the game, I have a large following already even though the game is only in it's early stages, so if you do help me through it I would love to put you in the credits and give you a nice bonus for being my friend and answering my dumb questions along the way.

here are some things I plan on including in the game that I will probably need help with eventually:
-a recipe/cooking system
-a friendship system where special scenes play when you progress your friendship with a character
-a time system with day/night, and the four seasons
-the ability to change the main characters hair, accessories and clothing.
-a battle system that lets you talk to the monsters and end the battle by means other than violence

I have a tumblr that acts as my devlog for now if you'd like to ~check it out~

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaron Kendrick

Hey there! If you ever have a coding question that you think I could answer, I would love to help out!

I am extremely active on discord: ttps://discord.gg/0oJUqy2aF6lHm1Sv
but you could alternatively email me
[email protected]