• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Looking for artist and musician/composer

D

DarthTenebris

[READ UNTIL END IF YOU ARE TO READ AT ALL, DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND]

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a game which happens to need some work on graphics and sound. To keep things simple and straight forward, here's what I need:

1) An artist who can design small sprites, cartoon-ish style preferred, just not too cartoon-ish.
2) A musician/composer who can make sounds of explosions, turret shots, etc.

Here is a link to my work: Vehicle Buster

Here is the VERY VERY IMPORTANT PART:
1) I am a young teen. I cannot afford paying you anything at all, best I could do would probably thank you 100 times. (spam? :v)
2) This is the first time I request help with my work, sorry if I'm unfamiliar with how things usually go.
3) There is no forcing you to do it. If you don't want to, then don't. But if you do, please be serious about it. Don't pretend to want to help me, but in the end, you send me troll images.
4) I have specific requests. I will decide what is needed, and you will create it. (again, no one is forcing you to help me)
5) I am an Indonesian, living in the Western Indonesian Region, so I use Western Indonesian Region Time (GMT +7). Keep in mind about this, a silly situation I can think of would be I work when you sleep and I sleep when you work :p

Again, I am not forcing you to help me, and if you do, please be serious and remember that I cannot afford to pay you anything. (Point 1, 2, and 3)
Please help this poor teen programmer who seeks help and experience :(

Thank you for your time.

[EDIT: This is a list of the sprites I need]
- cannon (size 32x32, origin [16,16])
- fireball launcher (size 32x32, origin [16,16])
- machine gun (size 32x32, origin [16,16])
- missile launcher (size 32x32, origin [16,16])
- mine (size 32x32, origin [16,16], [{gold mine, silver mine, that mine}]) *3 identical sprites needed (create 3 sprites, mine1, mine2, mine3), to represent 3 levels of the mine (a recolor of an original would be sufficient, but if you decide to make multiple, make it look good as if it was upgraded (not like level 1 is a car, level 2 is a bike, and level 3 is a train)
- base (size 32x32, origin [16,16], [{somewhere / something to stop players from spamming turrets everywhere}])
- cannon bullet (size 8x8, origin [4,4])
- fireball (size 8x8, origin [4,4])
- machine gun bullet (size 8x8, origin [4,4])
- missile (size 16x9, origin [0, 8])
- enemy truck (size 32x32, origin [16,16])
- enemy armored truck (size 32x32, origin [16,16])
- enemy tank body (size 32x32, origin [16,16]) * See below
- enemy tank gun (size 32x32, origin [16,16]) * Seperate body and gun, so I can code the gun to spin seperately from the body

Here is a a copy of my current sprites:
Download Link

That is all I ask for right now [18:36 / 31 March 2017 / Western Indonesia Time], thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lollipooh

Hello,
I would be more than happy to work as an artist for you.(I dont ask for any money)
If you are interested you can contact me so I can show you some of my work and so we can discuss other stuff.
E-mail: [email protected]
Cheers,Dennis.

F

Falconsoft-Industries

Depends on the type and quality of the cartoonish sprites you need, I can draw platformer guns and turrets.

D

DarthTenebris

@Falconsoft-Industries Take a look at my project; maybe you can try to improve the graphics (turrets, enemies, etc.), and I'll see if I like them. I usually do sprites the trial-and-error way, and therefore are placeholders. If I can get better graphics, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically, try to improve, I'll see, and if I like them, you make more, and if I don't, try again (I'll try to find out what your design needs to fit my style). Like I said, trial-and-error style. If you do decide to help me, make the sprites, and send me the sprites.
I'll update the original post to fit in what I need.

Thank you for your time and interest in my need. :)

F

Falconsoft-Industries

Any particular colour and style of turrets?

D

DarthTenebris

@Falconsoft-Industries Here is a list:
- Preferably colors that are directly selectable in the GMS1.4.1760 sprite editor.
- Make the file size x (size I pointed out), but the image does not necessarily have to be x (size I pointed out) in size.
- Make all sprites facing GMS1.4.1760 angle degree 0 (literal view means pointing right; see my attachments).
- Make the center origin of the sprite as I pointed out.

Just do as the original post states, should be fine. If not, take it as a trial-and-error process.

You asked for more details ( :D ), I assume you can help me?

F

Falconsoft-Industries

a cannon would be easier for me to draw at 64x64.

D

DarthTenebris

@Falconsoft-Industries Hmm but I've made everything 32x32, worked everything by 32x32. Any chance to draw it at 32x32 instead of 64x64? I'll accept a risk of the image being a lower quality... Maybe you can make me a 32x32 and 64x64 image?

Thank you for your interest in helping :)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Falconsoft-Industries

Ok but eclipse cannons are easier to me to sprite as my sprite design skills are slowly getting worst.

F

Falconsoft-Industries

Also thanks, for helping me with my coding problem. Now back on topic, I will do my best to help you out and consider you a friend and put you in the credits.

F

Falconsoft-Industries

<Image Link Removed - Malicious Domain Detected>/jBbdFk
<Image Link Removed - Malicious Domain Detected>/nbRdFk
there you go 2 samples.

D

DarthTenebris

<Image Link Removed - Malicious Domain Detected>/jBbdFk
<Image Link Removed - Malicious Domain Detected>/nbRdFk
there you go 2 samples.
Maybe you should take a look at my project, it might give you a better idea of what kind of sprite I need.
Vehicle Buster

The images you made, they look like they are meant for sideways style. Unfortunately, I am making a top-down tower defense game.
But I appreciate your effort.

Btw, I think I have a sample of the sprites I have so far in my project thread.

F

Falconsoft-Industries

using image_angle=point_direction(x1,y1,x2,y2) should fix that problem.

D

DarthTenebris

@Falconsoft-Industries Why does the cannon have a exclamation mark on it? :p
And like I said in my previous post, see my current project files. (in the OP)
Another thing:
I have specific requests. I will decide what is needed, and you will create it. (again, no one is forcing you to help me)
I have a feeling it will take a lot of tries to get the image right. :S

F

Falconsoft-Industries

It's meant to mean danger I would have done a radioactive sign but with the dimension you requested it was impossible so I did the next easiest solution.

D

DarthTenebris

No need for that sign :(
Also take a look at my example sprites...

C

Chungsie

musicians and composers don't do special effect sounds generally. but if you need music, I can help.

D

DarthTenebris

@Chungsie I appreciate your offer :)
But yeah, I do need some music for the menus.
I can't think of a good music style, so maybe you can try to make a background music you think will suit the style of my game?
Link is on the OP

C

Chungsie

heads up, I got stuck on the second level, it would not send the next wave, or progress or anything, I even spent cash and it did not subtract it from total.

I could try to come up with some music. Might I suggest adding a sfx volume slider?

D

DarthTenebris

Thnx for letting me know, will try to get an update out ASAP. Still working on an update tho :(

Might I suggest adding a sfx volume slider?
Will consider to :)
In the meantime, good luck with the music :)

P

Phillip

Hello,
Still need an artist / composer?
I'll do any of 2.

1. Try me - PM