Team Request Looking for another Programmer!!

A

actualdev

Hiya! I am a writer/programmer working on a game that has the art almost completely done. I made a prototype of this game, but as I was learning GameMaker at the time, there were a lot of bugs and now I'm going into a rebuild to fix infrastructure before continuing. I also despised the battle system violently and want to completely change it up.

The goal is to release a 45 min to 1 hour long level proof of concept of a larger game to garner interest from various communities in it. It is a JRPG style game that is heavy as far as text and involves a lot of careful attention to language, taking place in a computerized world.

For realists here who want to finish something substantial, it should be fairly clear that the game has had substantial work put into it, but still needs more, and it should be clear that the goal is to do something actually possible.

This is where my requests come in.

Your job would be to nail down various parts of the battle design, puzzle design and level design, and help program them all in. Ideally you're a good rapid prototyper, I'm looking to move a bit faster on things to finalize a battle idea more quickly.

This project is not meant to yield profit as is. It is meant to be a teaser for a project that may eventually yield profit. I believe that with the right help, it can be completed in 6 months.

Please contact me: itsalljustaprogram at gmail dot com.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

actualdev

I'm expecting more of a general amount a week.

Update: Because this is the sort of project where money may become involved, I have to request that you be legally able to sign a contract. For ease, you should be within 6 hours of my time zone. I am in CST.

sp202

This is an appealing project to me, I'm a fan of the artstyle and the themes and the small scope of an hour long game would mean the ability to spend time refining the finer details. I'd be interested in working on the writing side of things, assisting in item descriptions, riddles and dialogue. My strengths lie in editing; in being concise and precise with my use of language.

A

actualdev

Send an email over! :D @sp202

Update: This is still open, I'm really trying to nail down the right person!

Still looking for someone who is actually dedicated to the project and within a reasonable timezone for me to collaborate with!

This is not really the sort of project that you can only be half-interested in!

Still looking!

A

actualdev

@Trueno: Thanks!

Changed the ad a bit to reflect what I am looking for now! Please do not respond to me if you are part of a huge team of people. I am looking to work with a very small team based on my experiences with larger teams.

Updated to try to get some more help!

Maybe I'll be interested. I need expand my portfolio to RPG area, and the art gives some extra interest to code harder and better (good graphics are my weakness to work). I'll send you a e-mail when I wake up, because I going to sleep lol. I'm from Brazil I worked with Game Maker with a period of 16 years.

A

actualdev

Thanks!!

Maybe I'll be interested. I need expand my portfolio to RPG area, and the art gives some extra interest to code harder and better (good graphics are my weakness to work). I'll send you a e-mail when I wake up, because I going to sleep lol. I'm from Brazil I worked with Game Maker with a period of 16 years.
Great! Lemme know!