Job Offer - General Looking for an RPG story writer $100 USD

2DKnights

Hi I'm looking for someone talented to craft a story for an old school RPG engine I'm working on. I want to release a 2-3 hour demo, my engine is solid, and I have enough content, but no motivation for the characters. If interested please post or PM me a story outline with characters and major, plot points.

Ill make selection and pay $25 for a more fleshed out outline, and an additional $75 once completed.

[World map]
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apdh2OX9vhQnjNgPJ7uVzF2QCmiiCQ

[VIDEO of Engine]

Last edited:
E

Exlo

Just a quick question, do you not have any ideas in mind at all? And how expansive are we talking here? Something segmented into each of the areas on your world map sound ok? I would love to give it a go, just would like to tailor it more to your tastes if that's possible.

2DKnights

Just a quick question, do you not have any ideas in mind at all? And how expansive are we talking here? Something segmented into each of the areas on your world map sound ok? I would love to give it a go, just would like to tailor it more to your tastes if that's possible.
Well id like the main character to be named Mallia, Shes an only child, her mom has a sickness, that made her lose her mind, and her dad looks after her(the mom) Note I don't want the moms sickness to be the major plot of the story, or Mallia's major motivation. Other than that, feel free to be creative. You can invent new characters, places, or rename map locations. the story shoud be expansive enough to release a demo. For example think FFII up until the point Cecil lands in Mysidia.

Psycho_666

Forgive me, cause I don't want to be mean, but...
I don't want the moms sickness to be the major plot of the story, or Mallia's major motivation.
Of course not. We don't want any actual human emotions to get in the way, so you are asking us to contrive a reason for the protagonist to not care about her actual mother having a horrible disease...

For real though, just put more obstacles and put obataobst on the path of other obstacles...
It's not that difficult. The requirement for the protagonist to ignore her mother's illness for something else is kinda difficult to do. May turn out our protagonist is kinda socio/psychopath ...

E

Exlo

They didn't say to make her unfeeling about her condition, just to not make it the driving point of the story. That is also not that difficult.

Psycho_666

They didn't say to make her unfeeling about her condition, just to not make it the driving point of the story. That is also not that difficult.
You do know we essentially have a backstory that we are asked to actively ignore...
It's also easy to just kill her parents and the whole thing would be vengance story about her dead parents, so she fights mother earth or Gaia or whatever at the very end.
Or you can send the mom on healing trip and essentially get rid of the dad as well since he takes care of the mom .
Ita not that difficult really, but when a family member have a crippling disease the world kinda looses something ... You can't quite just shake it off and make something else more important...
Unless you are a paycho/sociopath...

2DKnights

Forgive me, cause I don't want to be mean, but...

Of course not. We don't want any actual human emotions to get in the way, so you are asking us to contrive a reason for the protagonist to not care about her actual mother having a horrible disease...

For real though, just put more obstacles and put obataobst on the path of other obstacles...
It's not that difficult. The requirement for the protagonist to ignore her mother's illness for something else is kinda difficult to do. May turn out our protagonist is kinda socio/psychopath ...

So many stories start out with formula, event "X" happened to person I care about "Y" so ill set on a journey to fix it. I want to avoid that trope. The fact that the character has a sick parent isn't the motivation for the protagonist to leave home, but It doesnt mean the protagonist dosent care. Maybe the illness is incurable, or the illness has passed but left irreversible damage. That doesn't mean that while on the quest the protagonist cant feel guilty about being away for so long, and travels back to visit. Or receives a letter about the condition returning or worsening and has to make a hard choice whether to return or not.

Perhaps the mother and daughter didn't get along, so she's glad to go and doesn't care, there are countless ways to spin a story with a setup like this.

2DKnights

You do know we essentially have a backstory that we are asked to actively ignore...
It's also easy to just kill her parents and the whole thing would be vengance story about her dead parents, so she fights mother earth or Gaia or whatever at the very end.
Or you can send the mom on healing trip and essentially get rid of the dad as well since he takes care of the mom .
Ita not that difficult really, but when a family member have a crippling disease the world kinda looses something ... You can't quite just shake it off and make something else more important...
Unless you are a paycho/sociopath...
Again it doesn't have to be ignored, it just isn't the main factor in the story. I don't want a simple "revenge/ill fix it" plot.

2DKnights

Why have a sick parent then?
It's not like that gives her some skill, that can be useful in the adventure or something...
Because I had a mom that was incurably sick for a long time and then died. Yes its tough, but I still had to graduate from college, pay my bills, eat, and try to enjoy life as much as I could, when I could. I had good days, and bad days, but overall the situation motivated me to work hard in her name as I am the part of my mother that lives on, even after she died. Please consider the matter of the sick parent settled.

Is there a deadline? I wouldn't mind writing a basic outline but life is busy as I have my own project I am working on. I would like to be able to schedule out sessions so I can get something ready.

D

DankMemes

$100 is too little. I'll consider this job if you raise the pay to something reasonable.
I agree with you about not making this a standard illness fix it plot.
It adds a lot of depth to the protagonist's background without overtaking the plot

R

r7465

I'll do it, but how long should it be, and what is the theme of the characters?