Team Request Looking for a programmer to collaborate on a multiplayer project

C

Cblurban

Recently, although I'm still very motivated by the project, prepared to complete it on my own if need be, I have become aware that bouncing ideas and developing cooperatively would make this game significantly more enjoyable to develop and would improve the overall quality :D . Most importantly I'm looking to have fun developing a new project with someone, and would like to insure that the project is equally as much yours as it is mine.

So let me introduce you to the project...
The name is Attacknids:

While I don't wish to express the exact details of game play in this post, I hope to develop and optimize the game for release on mobile so that players can simply open the app and be connected to a multiplayer server where they can develop their island and battle other players.
I have consciously made an effort to not expand this game beyond the realms of achievability, and most of the complex mechanics have either already been implemented or are well thought through. (So mostly only the fun stuff is left ...and optimizations ;) )

Here is a gif of the game play:

and my early iteration of a trailer (initially made as part of a school project):

To get an idea of the type of things we might be doing, some of the features I am yet to implement and will be looking to implement in the future are:
- A harvest-able ore that can be extracted from the terrain to build new equipment
- A simple crafting/item system that uses the ore.
- New island attachments like cannons, different engines, ore extractors and something to strengthen the island.
- A complete gui that functions well on mobile.
- A web slinging mechanic that allows players to pull mass from other islands and pull them self onto other islands.

About me:
I live in New Zealand and I have just finished my final year of high school so the final exams will end in 2 weeks :bunny: . I have used game maker on and off for 5 years and so I am confident in GML although I obviously don't know some of the more technical programming practices. My code is generally pretty clean by the time its finalized and I have released one other game to android called Alma Rainbow Climber which can be found here. Because in the past I have worked on multiple game projects which were never finished, I had set myself the goal of releasing the first beta of Attacknids by the end of 2016. While it has become evident that this could be difficult to achieve, I still have every intention to release a playable prototype as efficiently as possible.

Payment:
Basically as simple as it gets...
If the game makes money, I am more than open to discussing a fair arrangement for dividing the earnings, but otherwise I can't guarantee anything.

At this point I intend to sell the game rather than offer it for free with ads due to a poor past experience with advertising, however I'm open to changing this stance.

Please PM if you are interested. I am happy to then organize communication over skype or similar platform.

Feel free to ask questions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaron Kendrick

Your project looks amazing! However, I can not apply for your team as im super busy. I just wanted to stop by and say it looks amazing.

If your wanting someone to talk to, we tend to get a couple of GMC people on our discord https://discord.gg/0oJUqy2aF6lHm1Sv if your interested.