Team Request Looking for a pixel-artist to collaborate on a small HTML5 platformer game

jerob1995

Hello! I am looking for a pixel-artist to collaborate (unpaid, just a fun small project) with me on a 2D platformer game for the HTML5 platform. I have already come up with a few ideas and have 6 playable demo levels to test out some of the mechanics.

A bit about myself - My name is Jordan. I have been playing around with GameMaker Studio and Studio 2 for a number of years now and have helped some people out with projects occasionally, though I hadn't released anything of my own until recently for a game jam (here). So I am quite familiar with the engine and GML. I have dabbled in pixel art a little bit, but I prefer to focus more on the code side of things, which is where you come in!

I have been working in a resolution of 320x180 with a 16x16 tile size and have made a little bit of art - mostly as place-holder. I would be happy whether you want to take the art style in another direction or simply expand on what I've done so far. (which isn't very much). Here is the concept image I've been working on:
platformer.png

Your role would be to develop the art for both in-game, and also the various images for marketing (Itch.io page graphics, splash screen, icon etc.). I would also need your input for the level design and mechanics ideas.

If you are interested, feel free to try out the demo levels I built here.
I am hoping to have the game more or less finished over two weeks so I am keeping the scope fairly small and just trying to squeeze as much fun out of minimal mechanics.
The game will be published to Itch.io (and I believe if you have a page we can have it display on both our pages).

If you are interested in working with me feel free to reach out by either DM or Discord (jerob1995#7503).

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Last edited: