• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Looking for a Pixel Artist for a project

Hey folks, I've been working on a game called Floramancer for about 6 months now and I'm getting to the point where the end is in sight, I'd say between 70-80% complete. The game is a gardening/turn-based strategy hybrid. The basic core gameplay loop is you plant seeds and care for them in your garden, those plants then produce units for you to harvest and you use those units in battles that you encounter in the overworld. It's inspired by a fusion of Harvest Moon and Heroes of Might and Magic (number 2 to be precise) which are games I loved and played a ton of in my youth.

There are very few systems that I have left to finish and once those are done, it's simply polish...and art. The art I'm using now is a hybrid of free online stuff combined with my own pieces and it's not cohesive...it lacks a 'style' that is unique/interesting. I'm not enough of an artistic director or sprite artist myself to make the project come alive in the way that it should, so I'm looking for outside help. If you wanna have a look at the game in action, I've got a post in the WIP section (Floramancer WIP post) and also a discord where I regularly post updates and talk about my thought process in the design (https://discord.gg/W7RuCTx).

As a side note, I am planning on releasing the game commercially. If anyone is inspired or interested by the idea of teaming up with me to see this to completion, PM me and we'll talk.

EDIT: No longer looking right now. I've found an artist to team up with.

Last edited: