• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Looking for a game making partner!

M

MidnightFairProd

Hi Game Makers,

I am currently on the lookout for a game making partner who can share my passion for game making. I have been working in Game Maker since 2014 and have about two years of game making experience under my belt. I am currently working on a 2D story-driven plat former and would like to open this project up to another collaborator to help me take it all the way to release. I have a working base game with weapons, character animations and item pickup system, script display system with language customization and controls/input save function, so there is a lot already there to work with.

I would prefer someone with a similar level in experience in game development, strong programming and audio experience would be a big plus. However, if you are dedicated to getting a finish product ready for market and have a burning desire to have a game with your name on it, then please hit me up. I would prefer someone based in Sydney so we could meet face-to-face to discuss the project but anyone in a reasonable time zone would be happily considered.

If you are interested in teaming up, but not keen on joining in my existing project. I would be open to considering starting a new project with the right partner.

PM with your interest.

Here is a link to the game in progress it's working title is Shafted:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=58477355607795944301

The Controls are
arrow keys - move/aim
space - jump/air jump/wall jump
shoot - left shift
change weapon - z
change goggles phase - x (this is used for mining after you go through the big door)
activate - c
quit - numpad 0

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matty FiveThousand

Hi, The Quad5 team is currently looking for a secondary programmer. if your interested in being a part of a team who enjoys making video games shoot me a PM.

We have currently just started a hacking simulation game project. but would be more then willing to help you with your projects as well.

Our Team
Graphic Designer : Myself ( mostly Ui work )
Main Programmer : r34ld34l ( his forum name )
Music/Sound : Available ( Possibly Taken )

J

JDSTIGER

I can design games, if you can do mobile Ill partner with you

M

MidnightFairProd

I would enjoy teaming up, however my skills lie in game dev for PC, my apologies.

Thanks for your reply.

C

Chungsie

are you willing to work with a native american? I wouldn't mind helping. I compose and can sprite some basic pixel effects. I also play the violin. I have been making games for.... uh since I was in middle school and taught myself Qbasic.

J

James Gonzalez

If you are still looking for a game dev bud, I'm more than willing to invest time in a project. I've been meaning to take something to release and been itching to work with a partner to bounce ideas/mechanics off of.

Background:
I graduated from Full Sail University with a Game Development Degree, so I know a lot about the process of development but not necessarily about releasing. I've been using GMS 2 for about 4 months now and it's been very easy implementing ideas into a prototyped game.

Lemme know.
[email protected]