GameMaker Looking for a game engine/project

G

Green Elf

Hi, since I am new to GMS2 I am looking to get from the marketplace a project or game engine which has enough assets to make a complete game out of the box. The resource needs to be compatible with Game Maker Studio 2.

I could code something from scratch, but I would rather just use a completed project/ game engine and modify it as a way to ease myself into getting familiar with the GMS2 software.

If someone knows of a any such resources could you link them to me. My ultimate goal is to make a game and sell it on Steam or get it released on a console like PS4. Thanks.

R

Rukiri

Try YoYo RPG.
This. (granted it's not a great rpg kit...)

Also there's example projects within GM:S2 you could try as well.

I'm working on a RPG Kit but it's Chrono Trigger based with a lot of the functions of RPG Maker MV.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
My opinion....you will better learn the software by coding something from scratch instead of modifying an existing project. It allows you to not depend on anything at all, maybe saves a few bucks(not buying the project), and you do exactly what you want. Once you have a better handle on how the software works and the GML language syntax, etc..., then it makes sense to buy a project if it gives you a head start. By that point you can modify it to your needs without suffering so much due to not knowing the software enough.