Looking for a cheap "gaming" laptop, need suggestions!

P

Pabbert

Hi folks,
I know this question has been asked many times, but I can't find a targeted answer.
My old laptop is due for replacement. I also want a gaming rig. So, I've decided that I only want to spend money once and get a laptop that can double as a decent machine for both gaming and work.

Here's what I want: i7, 16 GB of RAM, 6GB GTX 1060, and at least 1 TB HDD. SSD would be nice, but not a show stopper.

The options, that I can think of are the ASUS RoG machines, MSI, and Lenovo's Legion machines. Not sure which is best. I'm also trying to stick to a R20K-ish budget, which I know is optimistic, but I'm hoping something good comes up on Black Friday.

Any suggestions on the specs/manufactures that I have in mind? Any retailers to consider/avoid?

Cheers.

RollyBug

I highly recommend buying from an outlet or refurbished if you're going for value. Here's a link for a narrowed search on the Dell Outlet. And this machine has identical specs to what you're looking for at a great price. They may not be new but they have a warranty and are cheap.

Oh, and I'm writing this on a value gaming laptop I bought a couple years back from the Dell Outlet and it still works like new.