• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Audio Looking for 16-bit chiptune artist to work with. (closed)

Edit: I have found someone to fill this role for now, so the offer is currently closed.

Seeking a musician who is familiar with 16-bit chiptune sounds, particularly that which comes from the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. I am most interested in someone that can work with VGM files (through a tracker) however considering how uncommon that is, I am willing to take OGG files as well.

I will need about 4 tracks, around 2 minutes each, loopable. With an additional track for a titlescreen/main menu that can be shorter but also loopable.

These tracks will be used for a match-4 puzzle game that has 4 gameplay modes, each mode gets it's own track. In terms of style, I'm really not too picky there but I appreciate energetic, melodic rock-styled music the most, with a darker tone. However I do want each track to match the level of intensity of each mode as described below:

Endless Mode - Has a more laid-back feel to it, I'd say it's the game's practice mode of sorts. The track for this mode can be a bit lighter, smoother, maybe even a lower tempo.

Arcade Mode - A score-based mode that has a linear climb in difficulty as the player progresses. A moderate tempo and intensity should fit well here.

Challenge Mode - The single player campaign mode of the game. Early challenges are some-what easy but later challenges are crushingly difficult. A fairly intense track would suit this mode best. Perhaps with some hints of hopefulness thrown in as well.

Versus Mode - A 1v1 competitive mode. With two players battling it out for victory, this should be the most intense track of the game. Something of a fast paced boss theme should fit here best.

And the titlescreen track should be a short, melodic theme, light on the intensity.

So the total length of the tracks should be about 9-10 mins combined. I am open to negotiations on the price of the tracks. Although I will say that I have a fairly low budget for this project, which shouldn't be too big a problem considering the low number of tracks needed for this project. Anyone who is interested can post here or PM me. Please give a link to your portfolio if you reply. Thank you.

Last edited:
J

jswmusic

Hey check out my website would love to do some work for you! Would really like to write in this style! https://www.joewatsonmusic.co.uk I also PM'd you with more info.

Kind regards
Joe Watson

Last edited by a moderator:
V

+Veito

deathzero021,

Good afternoon! Our team would appreciate getting in contact with you about your audio! If you are still looking for a team, please reach out to myself at my contact information below.

We look forward to hearing from you!