• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Location Permissions for Android?

ex.png
I am using the Google Admob extension by Yoyo games and it has the " android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"
According to Google's new policy, I need to declare if this permission works in the background. I am not entirely sure if it does and wanted to know if I should put yes or no.

Thank you!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm pretty sure it doesn't as GameMaker games do not run when put into the background. You should probably file a bug with YYG and request that they confirm this though.

maxim

YoYo Google Play Ads Extension contains ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION permission. Requesting access to location in the background - "You should never request location permissions from users for the sole purpose of advertising or analytics". Background location access checklist - " In your app's manifest, check for the ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION permission and ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission. Verify that your app requires these location permissions". Google introduced new rules for location access. As i understood u could not now use these permissions if your app does not use it as core functionality. May be i should just delete this permission from extension, or YoYo should make update for extension? Somebody knows?

I

IvanKorol

Current YoYo's GooglePlayAdsExtension (part of Google Play Services asset pack) does not contain that permission. If you use actual GMS2 just get new ext from marketplace.

maxim

Current YoYo's GooglePlayAdsExtension (part of Google Play Services asset pack) does not contain that permission. If you use actual GMS2 just get new ext from marketplace.
Wow, rly! 26 may update, how i missed that! Thank you!

Thank you! I will be using that new version. I also totally missed that as well!