• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - General Localization task from source

JeffJ

One of our new partners has shown interest in a localized version of our game, Spoiler Alert. They will be delivering the localized text and covering the costs. The problem is I'm too busy to do it myself, and while it's a simple localization task, it does require someone who knows his/her way around GMS and can look around in other people's mess of a source code (mine), since I was a bad boy when I made this game and did all text inside the IDE.

So in short, you will be poking around inside the Spoiler Alert sourcecode in GMS and replacing lots of strings from English to German (all provided, of course). You will also do some minor graphical replacements (once again, we shamefully admit we were stupid and drew text onto graphics - you won't be drawing new graphics, simply replacing strings on graphics).

I'm not going to lie, it will be a painfully boring task, but it's fairly straightforward. The game is also pretty light on text (only exception being its level editor).

You can have a look at the game here:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/spoiler-alert.100/

If you're interested, the first order of business will be for you to give a quote/price I can take to my partners for them to greenlight. PM me and let's talk. :)