• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android LOCAL push notifications not displaying at all?

Roo

I've been reading everything I can find on this topic and I realize a lot has been going on with this just this week, so apologies if this has already been explained somewhere.

I'm just trying to start with local push notifications. I added the new Google Push Notifications extension to the project and also the older Google Play Services extension. I can compile to an apk successfully, but when using the example in the manual to generate a push notification, the app just never displays anything.

Because there's no error, I don't know what to try next.

I have it set to to build to API Level 26. Gamemaker 2.2.

Thanks.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! Are you testing with the App in the foreground or the background? If it's in the foreground, you won't get a visible notification, but the async event will still fire.... Do you get any async events at all coming through?

Roo

Thanks for the reply, Nocturne. After playing around with it more it looks like it's an issue that might just be related to something else I was doing, not a problem with the push notification extension.