• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE LoadLibrary failed with error 126

C

CerberusX14

I just purchased Gamemaker Studio 2. After trying to launch gamemaker, the error message appeared:
"LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found."

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Gamemaker Studio 2 was downloaded to "C:\Program Files".
Error 126 is a problem with the loading of .dll files. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling gamemaker as well as running a command line repair "sfc /scannow" but the problem persists.

Has anyone encountered this error with Gamemaker Studio 2?

rIKmAN

I just purchased Gamemaker Studio 2. After trying to launch gamemaker, the error message appeared:
"LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found."

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Gamemaker Studio 2 was downloaded to "C:\Program Files".
Error 126 is a problem with the loading of .dll files. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling gamemaker as well as running a command line repair "sfc /scannow" but the problem persists.

Has anyone encountered this error with Gamemaker Studio 2?
Is Windows 7 fully up to date via Windows Update?

C

CerberusX14

Is Windows 7 fully up to date via Windows Update?
Yes, Windows is up to date.
I thought that the problem might have been with Norton Antivirus. I uninstalled Norton before I installed Gamemaker Studio 2. I noticed that I was also getting the "LoadLibrary failed with error 126" error when I first start up my computer as well, but I am not sure which program is generating the error. I ran a tool that is supposed to remove all traces of Norton. I'm not sure if maybe Norton did not uninstall correctly and damaged my computer somehow or if the problem is being caused by something else.

rIKmAN

Yes, Windows is up to date.
I thought that the problem might have been with Norton Antivirus. I uninstalled Norton before I installed Gamemaker Studio 2. I noticed that I was also getting the "LoadLibrary failed with error 126" error when I first start up my computer as well, but I am not sure which program is generating the error. I ran a tool that is supposed to remove all traces of Norton. I'm not sure if maybe Norton did not uninstall correctly and damaged my computer somehow or if the problem is being caused by something else.
If that's happening on startup it doesn't sound like a GMS issue, more a system issue.

Check which programs are set to startup by default on Windows start and see if anything sticks out that shouldn't be there.
(Click the Start Button, type 'msconfig' and go to the "Startup" tab).

I'd also open an elevated cmd prompt and run "sfc /scannow" to check/repair any damaged or corrupted system files.