• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Loading Stories: Treadmill

J

Jin9310

LoadingStoriesPart1title.gif
Few days ago I have finished my new little game project, the frenetic-button-smashing experience -> https://jin9310.itch.io/treadmill

I am still learning the GML and wanted to start a small series in which I will learn something new and each story will include a loading screen somehow. In this first story we have a loading bar that needs to be filled by a little guy running on a treadmill.
All started with me doing this little gif, that basically sums up the whole game. Now it is just up to you to give it a try, and perhaps beat the score of others. It might not be that easy as it could look at the first sight.
treadmill_runner.gif
Since my experience is that majority of players does not read tutorials nor any text that is included in game description, my goal is to create as intuitive experience as possible, however it is fair to say, that with project little like this, I have left few 'stones' unturned, so player have at least something to discover.

loading_circle.gif
Would love to hear any feedback or cc,
Thank you very much for your time,

Jin

Last edited by a moderator: