• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Loading External Scripts

P

Paradox

I know at the moment loading external scripts is impossible as that means compiling scripts during runtime so I was wondering if it is possible to pre-compile a script and then import it during runtime. Or is this not how it works?

I'm just looking for a solution that isn't making a pseudo coding language as that's a pain in the ass. Just trying to add mod support to my game :p

sylvain_l

you could use already existing language for that kind of things, on the marketplace there are 2 extensions to have lua.

P

Paradox

you could use already existing language for that kind of things, on the marketplace there are 2 extensions to have lua.
I am not familiar with LUA so I guess I will have to learn that then, could you link me one?

DukeSoft

For mod-support that LUA extension is a very nice one. I also suggest you check out more of YAL's work - such as GMLive. He has developed an amazing set of tools that makes life in GM so much better!

DukeSoft

Believe me, those few bucks are more than worth it. YAL has put a LOT of hours into making this work, he continously updates his software, fixes bugs, and he's pretty much always available on the /r/gamemaker Discord channel. Those few bucks are going to save you so much time!

P

Paradox

Believe me, those few bucks are more than worth it. YAL has put a LOT of hours into making this work, he continously updates his software, fixes bugs, and he's pretty much always available on the /r/gamemaker Discord channel. Those few bucks are going to save you so much time!
Should I get YALs extension or the other one? I believe YAl's is cheaper