• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE LMB + Alt to paint with selected object not working.

P

Phol6

Hey everyone,

So I recently started using Gamemaker and one of the shortcuts I learnt at the beginning to kind of "paint" with an object to place multiple ones instead of dragging one at a time was by holding Alt. In the beginning, it worked, but now it doesn't work and I don't understand why, because if I create a new project it does work, but not in the project I want it to work. I must have accidentally changed some settings of the room or sth, can anybody help, please? Thanks a lot :D

M

MarceloP

Are you sure you're trying to use this function on an instance Layer?
Sorry, can't think of anything else.

P

Phol6

Are you sure you're trying to use this function on an instance Layer?
Sorry, can't think of anything else.
yeah i'm pretty sure. Thanks for the answer tho, I ended up creating another project and copying everything from the previous one and now it works